Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Today at 12:06 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Bulls-3ye

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye

White Rock

Ghost Leader

PWNERX

Share | 

Z Nation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Z Nation   Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Continued from here: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4703p100-resident-evil-6-the-final-chapter#128174

Lukong wrote:
I was wondering if anyone -PWNERX- has watched ZNation, at first I thought it was terrible, but my goodness everything is done right.
No, not everything is done right. Most is done pretty much on equal footing with other zombie works just with a different tone, the rest gets pretty stupid at times.

Quote :
- Awesome action scenes: Best is when Warren Uppercut a Zombie with a Machete and catches it and then slices the head off
All that's missing is her yelling "hadouken" in the process. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
- Characters are Awesome and don't die in stupid -only 1 did- ways (Warren is like Rick (Magnum), Carol (Gets things done) and Michonne (Machete like Katana) and knows how to fight like all 3 of them) and Garnet took a bullet to save someone who can save the world)
See, that's a problem. In real life, people sometimes do die in stupid ways. If anything, TWD needs more of this and less of everyone dying in dramatic ways.

Quote :
- Zombie exist in there universe so no stupid people who shot 30 bullets into the chest or ask a zombie to listen and snap out of it (They only ask if someone is okay during the beginning of the outbreak)
And just like TWD, when everyone figured out what the game was, is when they wised up. Not sure how this is a point in Z Nation's favor. It's like suggesting that because alien invasion movies exist in Independence Day's universe, everyone should have known from the outset how to defeat the aliens.

Quote :
- In one Episode -showing everyone's origin- we see what/where everyone was during the outbreak (Doc figures its Zombies cause his co-worker doesn't have a Gay Lover, Abby & mack stay together, Warren shots the Zombies cause they are coming at her and Murphy takes the time to use the outbreak to escape prison)
As far as Murphy goes, this diminishes the whole mystery of it. We know exactly how he survived the bites, so there's nothing about his condition to discover as the show progresses.

Quote :
- Some episodes use the content of other things like "Die Zombie...Die Again" which was hated was like All you Need is Kill (Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt) with Indeception, but compared to F/TWD who kills some characters off cause they go crazy, that episode was about confronting your demons
There are countless ways that the concept of "confronting your demons" can be played out and none of them are really what one could call "wrong". Z Nation doesn't do it better or worse than most anything else, so this isn't a point in its favor either.

Quote :
- Situations are awesome, Murphy is a inmate who was given an experimental drug to be immune to zombies and now they are trying to get him, but Murphy powers get better as he can control some/weaker ones of them and weak zombie don't attack him (Hybrids like Blaster & Phyto)
This is the absolute stupidest thing in the show, even worse than the "evolving" zombies of Land of the Dead.

----
Anyhow, any discussion about Z Nation should go into its own topic which anyone is free to make, so please keep this one dedicated to the upcoming RE movie.

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lukong
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Z Nation   Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Lukong wrote:
I was wondering if anyone -PWNERX- has watched ZNation, at first I thought it was terrible, but my goodness everything is done right.
No, not everything is done right. Most is done pretty much on equal footing with other zombie works just with a different tone, the rest gets pretty stupid at times.
Quote :
- Awesome action scenes: Best is when Warren Uppercut a Zombie with a Machete and catches it and then slices the head off
All that's missing is her yelling "hadouken" in the process. Rolling Eyes

or With the Scott Pilgrim special effects unless you feel that too and the movie are both stupid. Besides Znation has fight choreographer and the closes TWD comes is Daryl & Rick vs Jesus.

Quote :
- Characters are Awesome and don't die in stupid -only 1 did- ways (Warren is like Rick (Magnum), Carol (Gets things done) and Michonne (Machete like Katana) and knows how to fight like all 3 of them) and Garnet took a bullet to save someone who can save the world)
Quote :

See, that's a problem. In real life, people sometimes do die in stupid ways. If anything, TWD needs more of this and less of everyone dying in dramatic ways.
...More of little boys crying while in a zombie horde then getting eaten and then the mother crying then getting eaten and her other son trying to kill Rick and getting killed and eaten...You want more of that? Less Dramatic ways?...did you sound like someone who would love Fear The Walking Dead -I liked the pace.

Quote :
- Zombie exist in there universe so no stupid people who shot 30 bullets into the chest or ask a zombie to listen and snap out of it (They only ask if someone is okay during the beginning of the outbreak)
Quote :

And just like TWD, when everyone figured out what the game was, is when they wised up. Not sure how this is a point in Z Nation's favor. It's like suggesting that because alien invasion movies exist in Independence Day's universe, everyone should have known from the outset how to defeat the aliens.

In ZNation they people don't get pissed at someone who kills a zombie like in The Walking Dead or FTWD, the point, buddy, is like watching a Show where Carol & Daryl is the main character (Unless you hate them too and think there stupid and nothing special). And actually on Independence Day's Universe
...they usually figure out the weak spots within the movie and tell everyone...in fact that was ID1 ending (Resurgence had a Warlord who knew the Back was weak and at the end of the first one it was Fly a Plane up the Laser Barrel other than that Aliens in Independence Day aren't like the ones in Battle: Los Angeles who have specific weak points to guns...if you watched Resurgence you would know that the weapons are better and hence why multiple shots work as well as stab in the back).

Quote :
- In one Episode -showing everyone's origin- we see what/where everyone was during the outbreak (Doc figures its Zombies cause his co-worker doesn't have a Gay Lover, Abby & mack stay together, Warren shots the Zombies cause they are coming at her and Murphy takes the time to use the outbreak to escape prison)
Quote :
As far as Murphy goes, this diminishes the whole mystery of it. We know exactly how he survived the bites, so there's nothing about his condition to discover as the show progresses.
Oh there is nothing to discover, no mystery...you must think a Manga about how a Hero-for-hire who can kill his opponents in 1-Hit is the most boring concept and not think beyond that or wider than it.
According to the show -sounds like you watched the 2 seasons and your trolling me- he also can control zombies, if your infected with his blood as a human Murphy can control you, not all zombies can Murphy control like the Pytho and Blasters (He struggles with 3 and 4 break his control) and some Zombies will try to kill Murphy.
- Uses the control to make zombies into a landing pad (I almost thought he was going to commit suicide)
- has Zombie Child who might be a Zombie Princess who might take over the world

Quote :
- Some episodes use the content of other things like "Die Zombie...Die Again" which was hated was like All you Need is Kill (Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt) with Indeception, but compared to F/TWD who kills some characters off cause they go crazy, that episode was about confronting your demons
Quote :

There are countless ways that the concept of "confronting your demons" can be played out and none of them are really what one could call "wrong". Z Nation doesn't do it better or worse than most anything else, so this isn't a point in its favor either.
Fear The Walking Dead had one of the most loved characters set himself on fire too kill a bunch zombies and cause he was going crazy and saw his dead wife
vs
Abby who stopped in the middle of sex and nearly passed out as a hallway of zombies were eating through the crowd of people, feared seeing her boyfriend die and the fact that she -thought was her boyfriend- had to stab her own mother multiple times while her dead brother lied on the ground as she was "confronting her demons". Opening the door to a memory, she walked up to the giant zombie and uppercuts the zombie kinda like landing a blow on a bully and we finally get a revelation and sobering of her memory.

Quote :
- Situations are awesome, Murphy is a inmate who was given an experimental drug to be immune to zombies and now they are trying to get him, but Murphy powers get better as he can control some/weaker ones of them and weak zombie don't attack him (Hybrids like Blaster & Phyto)
Quote :

This is the absolute stupidest thing in the show, even worse than the "evolving" zombies of Land of the Dead.
You must think Giant Spiders and Zombie Sharks are more lore...Hybrids are more so accidental zombies...well like Warren said when there was Znado "At least its not sharks". You know why Film Theory says that in Walking Dead the shows going to end with Zombies decaying to death because if you make something to real you can't go out with a bang.
If we try to be to close to realism and less lore & fun, well your going to get basic entertainment...ZNation is like -close to- Deadpool (Not a White Knight Hero who goes through the same thing a Superhero, but a Anti-Hero who does things unorthodox style and action)

----
Quote :
Anyhow, any discussion about Z Nation should go into its own topic which anyone is free to make, so please keep this one dedicated to the upcoming RE movie.
I was bring it up cause Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead don't come back until October so while we all wait for RE: Final Chapter comes out...ZNation which likes to do more things like the Movie would be great to bring up...seeing as I figured if you hate Alice, I knew you would hate ZNation too as both think outside the wall of the zombie box.
Hence why I like Resident Evil over Zombie Shooters cause instead of doing the same thing like everyone else, its something new and refined otherwise more House of Dead (RE:Chronicles & RE7:Biohazard).

Sorry if I threw the topic off, I didn't see a reason to start a whole topic about another zombie media similar to each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Lukong wrote:
or With the Scott Pilgrim special effects unless you feel that too and the movie are both stupid.
That's what I meant by a different tone. Superpowers work in Scott Pilgrim, but not in Black Hawk Down.

Quote :
Besides Znation has fight choreographer and the closes TWD comes is Daryl & Rick vs Jesus.
Any movie or TV show with at least one fight of any sort will have a choreographer. Besides, TWD has lots of fights. Michonne vs the Governor, Rick vs the Governor, Glenn vs Nick, and any character vs one or more zombies.

Quote :
...More of little boys crying while in a zombie horde then getting eaten and then the mother crying then getting eaten and her other son trying to kill Rick and getting killed and eaten...You want more of that? Less Dramatic ways?...did you sound like someone who would love Fear The Walking Dead -I liked the pace.
F/TWD are both meant to have a serious tone and, yes, sometimes people do react badly in bad situations, especially if it's something they've never experienced before. Keep in mind that Jessie and her family were all safe behind Alexandria's walls from the get-go, not out on the road fighting day to day like Rick's people.

Quote :
In ZNation they people don't get pissed at someone who kills a zombie like in The Walking Dead or FTWD, the point, buddy, is like watching a Show where Carol & Daryl is the main character (Unless you hate them too and think there stupid and nothing special).
I don't hate either of them. In fact, Daryl and Carol are my two favorite characters on the show. And you want to talk about people not liking it when a zombie gets killed? How about at the end of S2E10 when Murphy broke down and started crying about the zombies being herded into the Grand Canyon?

Quote :
And actually on Independence Day's Universe ...they usually figure out the weak spots within the movie and tell everyone...in fact that was ID1 ending (Resurgence had a Warlord who knew the Back was weak and at the end of the first one it was Fly a Plane up the Laser Barrel other than that Aliens in Independence Day aren't like the ones in Battle: Los Angeles who have specific weak points to guns...if you watched Resurgence you would know that the weapons are better and hence why multiple shots work as well as stab in the back).
It's the same thing in zombie movies: you figure out their weakness and spread the word.

Quote :
Oh there is nothing to discover, no mystery...you must think a Manga about how a Hero-for-hire who can kill his opponents in 1-Hit is the most boring concept and not think beyond that or wider than it.
Yeah, I don't read manga at all. Not really sure how that refutes my statement of there being no mystery behind Murphy.

Quote :
According to the show -sounds like you watched the 2 seasons and your trolling me- he also can control zombies, if your infected with his blood as a human Murphy can control you, not all zombies can Murphy control like the Pytho and Blasters (He struggles with 3 and 4 break his control) and some Zombies will try to kill Murphy.
- Uses the control to make zombies into a landing pad (I almost thought he was going to commit suicide)
- has Zombie Child who might be a Zombie Princess who might take over the world
It's still the absolute stupidest part of the show. And I never said I hadn't seen it before.

Quote :
Fear The Walking Dead had one of the most loved characters set himself on fire too kill a bunch zombies and cause he was going crazy and saw his dead wife
vs
Abby who stopped in the middle of sex and nearly passed out as a hallway of zombies were eating through the crowd of people, feared seeing her boyfriend die and the fact that she -thought was her boyfriend- had to stab her own mother multiple times while her dead brother lied on the ground as she was "confronting her demons". Opening the door to a memory, she walked up to the giant zombie and uppercuts the zombie kinda like landing a blow on a bully and we finally get a revelation and sobering of her memory.
Like I said, there are different ways that confronting one's demons can be depicted and none of them are really wrong.

Quote :
You must think Giant Spiders and Zombie Sharks are more lore...Hybrids are more so accidental zombies...well like Warren said when there was Znado "At least its not sharks". You know why Film Theory says that in Walking Dead the shows going to end with Zombies decaying to death because if you make something to real you can't go out with a bang.
Plenty of characters in F/TWD have "gone out with a bang", one of which you just mentioned above. Off the top of my head, there was also Merle, Hershel, Shane, Dr. Jenner who literally went out with a bang when the CDC blew up, and most likely Glenn in the S6 finale. And while TWD zombies may eventually decay to death (a process that will take years, not days or hours), keep in mind that anyone who dies from any cause will turn into one, thereby making more that take years longer to decay. So they'll never truly be gone.

The "At least it's not sharks" line was a reference to the Sharknado movies made by the same production studio.

Quote :
If we try to be to close to realism and less lore & fun, well your going to get basic entertainment...ZNation is like -close to- Deadpool (Not a White Knight Hero who goes through the same thing a Superhero, but a Anti-Hero who does things unorthodox style and action)
There's nothing wrong with being over the top, but not everything has to be over the top. To contrast your Deadpool example, there's Batman and the Punisher which are both more or less grounded in reality. And I watch stuff like Z Nation, but it isn't all I find entertaining. Like I said, different tones.

Quote :
I was bring it up cause Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead don't come back until October so while we all wait for RE: Final Chapter comes out...ZNation which likes to do more things like the Movie would be great to bring up...seeing as I figured if you hate Alice, I knew you would hate ZNation too as both think outside the wall of the zombie box.
I actually don't hate Alice. She isn't my most favorite character ever created and I wasn't that thrilled with her superpowers period, but I certainly don't hate her. And you've been here long enough that you should know I've been the Anderson movies' staunchest defender here.

Quote :
Hence why I like Resident Evil over Zombie Shooters cause instead of doing the same thing like everyone else, its something new and refined otherwise more House of Dead (RE:Chronicles & RE7:Biohazard).
They were different pre-RE4, at least. Beginning with 4, I felt they did go more in the direction of House of the Dead. And RE6 had one sequence that was pretty much ripped straight out of CoD4...

Quote :
Sorry if I threw the topic off, I didn't see a reason to start a whole topic about another zombie media similar to each other.
Wanting to talk about it is reason enough to start a topic for it. And Z Nation isn't really all that similar to RE.[/quote]
[/quote]

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:15 am

I watched just one episode and I couldn't really get into it. Unlike The Walking Dead, it just didn't get me interested in it. I do recall seeing the trailer for it on the Pick channel which probably shows you all the good bits, but it just wasn't that impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:59 am

I just learned that there's going to be a direct-to-tv movie that is going to be shown before S3. I wonder if it has anything to do with the previously reported ZNation movie I made a post about a long, long time ago. Oh, and for the record, I haven't seen a single episode of this. I just happen to follow entertainment news.

Source: http://www.syfy.com/znation/blog/z-nation-season-3-movie

Previous post: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5809-d-c-douglas-to-star-in-a-non-re-re-movie

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:42 am

According to IMDb, it's called Isle of the Dead and releases into theaters on the 18th, but I find that to be suspect since I can't find any trailers for it and Cinemark's app has no listing for it. Frankly, it strikes me more as a Sy-Fy weekend or at best a direct to DVD quality movie. Pretty certain it isn't directly related to Z Nation, though.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:49 am

But there is still going to be a ZNation movie that is going to go direct to tv. At least that's what it says in the source.

I wonder why they decided to seperate the projects (if they even did).

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:41 am

I know there's gonna be a Z Nation movie, what I'm saying is I'm still pretty certain that XP-573/Isle of the Dead has no relation to it or the TV show and likely never did. The only mention of Z Nation in Douglas' blog was about his guest starring role in an episode.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:51 am

Sounds to me like the following:

1. Z-Nation film = Straight-to-Video w/Initial TV Broadcast premier
2. Z-Nation is ridiculous as fuck
3. Z-Nation has plenty in common with the RE film series (minus the first film)
4. Infinite Ammo is bad and people who use it should feel bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:51 am

PWNERX wrote:
1. Z-Nation film = Straight-to-Video w/Initial TV Broadcast premier
Pretty much.

Quote :
2. Z-Nation is ridiculous as fuck
It's basically a parody of the whole zombie culture. If you watch it as such, it's fairly enjoyable. But to its credit, it's somehow not even remotely as bad as The Walking Deceased.

Quote :
3. Z-Nation has plenty in common with the RE film series (minus the first film)
Not really, no.

Quote :
4. Infinite Ammo is bad and people who use it should feel bad
I facepalm at how much ammo the characters on this show waste. There was one episode where they had a fucking shooting contest! Apparently in the Z Nation universe, bullets grow on trees. Rolling Eyes

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Z Nation   

Back to top Go down

Z Nation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1