Share | 

Redcon-1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Redcon-1   Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:42 am

I was an extra in this movie (listed on the cast as Peter Anderson). Well, I appear in it as a zombie. I've signed a document stating I cannot reveal any major plot points, but I did have fun being involved in the film. The make-up consists of this syrupy stuff that was splattered on our bodies and clothes, and we had to drool it out. It tastes like cough medicine.

The movie had the working title Zombie Apocalypse and the film has been shot all across the UK, including Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2034176/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Redcon-1   Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 am

Any chance of you helping me get work in the field of acting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: Redcon-1   Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:20 am

It is all about who you know in the business, really. A good place to start is an extras agency, which you will register with by completing a profile with your measurements, limitations, skills and pictures. There may be a registration fee, and then they text you or email you with offers. 2020 Casting is all paid work. Probably £70 for 10 hours work. Like, one day they may suddenly contact you with a description of the role and have a title for the film or TV show. Usually, they have placeholder names for top secret productions, and there will be a lot of waiting around, and possibly many takes to do, even if you think it was okay the first, second or even third time around.

Being passionate about films would be a good start as well. Keep in mind though that even very talented actors never receive steady work, so you're better referring to it as a hobby rather than a proper job. They always need people to play bar patrons, medics, funeral mourners and that sort of thing. Occasionally, you may get the odd appearance in a major blockbuster film in the background of an exciting scene, but it's few and far between.

Are you in the U.S. or Britain? I was lucky to find out about when they were filming this, because there's a Facebook group where the producers log on. I've got my doubts whether being an extra will lead to bigger roles, but you 'have to start at the bottom' as they say. You can apply for bigger roles on StarNow, but they are mostly just graduation short films where the crew has to work on a miniature budget, or receive funding from Kickstarter.

Like I said, don't expect mega bucks or a career out of it. But it's good fun for what it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redcon-1   

Back to top Go down

Redcon-1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic-
Jump to: