HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Today at 12:06 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Bulls-3ye

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye
 
White Rock
 
Ghost Leader
 
PWNERX
 

Share | 
 

 RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
EQOAnostalgia
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 35
Location : NY

PostSubject: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:19 am

This is a VERY exciting time for oldschool gamers, with FFVII being remade and RE2 finally getting a remake i'm extremely hyped!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
TheBatMan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2014-07-19

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:30 am

On the contrary. This is awful news. You are kidding yourself if you believe this can actually work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2133
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 21
Location : On the Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:10 am

TheBatMan wrote:
On the contrary. This is awful news. You are kidding yourself if you believe this can actually work.

Care to explain why you think that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TheBatMan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2014-07-19

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Sure

*Remake was a success because it was made by the same development team. The team that made RE2 have long left Capcom.

*The current R&D team at Capcom have never, that's NEVER created a critically successful Resident Evil game.

*Memories of a Lost City in Darkside Chronicles provided enough evidence that they will change too much and that Capcom don't actually understand the plot of their own game. But if you like Ada firing rocket-powered lipsticks, crack on.

*They are not going to use pre-rendered backgrounds or fixed camera angles in a game coming out in 2016. I'd even be surprised if they went with the old item box system

*In this modern gaming era of hand-holding they will never risk using the typewriter and ink ribbon save system

*A remake of 2 will further disjoint RE3 and Outbreak and create countless new continuity errors.

*Online co-op will be forced in.

*No gaming remake, or film remake for that matter has ever been more successful than the original.

*Capcom can't do survival horror anymore. The revelations series was their attempt at a 'true return' but aside from one or two moments, as 'horror' games they are pretty pathetic.

Looking at the feedback on facebook, not even the fans seem to know what constitutes a true and successful remake, so how can you expect Capcom to know?

People are not thinking about this deeply enough and are simply looking at superficial things such as a much-needed graphical update.

You may as well remake Terminator 2 or Aliens while your at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2133
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 21
Location : On the Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:37 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Sure

*Remake was a success because it was made by the same development team. The team that made RE2 have long left Capcom.

*The current R&D team at Capcom have never, that's NEVER created a critically successful Resident Evil game.

*Memories of a Lost City in Darkside Chronicles provided enough evidence that they will change too much and that Capcom don't actually understand the plot of their own game. But if you like Ada firing rocket-powered lipsticks, crack on.

*They are not going to use pre-rendered backgrounds or fixed camera angles in a game coming out in 2016. I'd even be surprised if they went with the old item box system

*In this modern gaming era of hand-holding they will never risk using the typewriter and ink ribbon save system

*A remake of 2 will further disjoint RE3 and Outbreak and create countless new continuity errors.

*Online co-op will be forced in.

*No gaming remake, or film remake for that matter has ever been more successful than the original.

*Capcom can't do survival horror anymore. The revelations series was their attempt at a 'true return' but aside from one or two moments, as 'horror' games they are pretty pathetic.

Looking at the feedback on facebook, not even the fans seem to know what constitutes a true and successful remake, so how can you expect Capcom to know?

People are not thinking about this deeply enough and are simply looking at superficial things such as a much-needed graphical update.

You may as well remake Terminator 2 or Aliens while your at it.

Then who's developing the RE0 re-master???
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
EQOAnostalgia
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 35
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:44 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
On the contrary. This is awful news. You are kidding yourself if you believe this can actually work.

That's an extremely negative attitude to have, but i understand it entirely lol. I don't really think that they will make it to appeal to modern shooter fans, it's clear they want to know WHAT WE WANT, or they wouldn't have asked us. They got the HD REmaster right and Zero looks just as good so i don't see them messing this up. They just need to copy the game with better visuals and some added side stuff. Co-op is very unlikely unless they add in a new mode aside from the original game, which i wouldn't mind one bit! But in terms of co-op... i want my Outbreak files 1 and 2 back!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:54 pm

Yeah, the overwhelming response from those that answered was that they wanted it in the traditional style, which Capcom acknowledged. So for now I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssplain
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Steam : Splain
Posts : 731
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 28
Location : Birmingham AL

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:31 am

I would imagine they will remake it and give it the same treatment as REmastered and RE0 remastered. I like to think they will update the graphics and maybe add new -optional- controls like with REmastered.

If they do go as far to do a true REmake and add new features then I hope they seize the opportunity to add in fillers that better tie it to re3 and include a defensive system like REmake. Maybe a longer side mission where you play Ada? I mean she was up to quite a bit throughout the game.

Also... bathrooms in the rpd anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
TheBatMan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2014-07-19

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:13 am

PWNERX wrote:


Then who's developing the RE0 re-master???

It doessn't compare. This will be an entirely new game, not just a HD touch up with some lick and polish.


LeonAB and Claire AB is not long enough either to sustain a full game these days. It will have to be expanded massively, meaning it's all the more likely to fuck up. Go and play the RE2 portion of Darkside Chronicles and refresh your memories to see how bad this is going to be.

And the facebook feedback is all over the place. It is highly inconsistent what the fans want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
avatar

Playstation Network DARIOC2013
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 am

hype beats hate for me.... BUT this post is pretty useless really, none of us have literally no idea how the game is gonna be, anything can happen, they might even change the story. Speculations are wide here, it is pretty useless if we fight each other saying that capcom can or can't make a good remake nowadays, we won't know if they can until the game is out.


SPOILER ALERT: Ada escapes alive.


TheBatMan wrote:

And the facebook feedback is all over the place. It is highly inconsistent what the fans want.

That is so true that it annoys me more than what it should
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EQOAnostalgia
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 35
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:59 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
hype beats hate for me.... BUT this post is pretty useless really, none of us have literally no idea how the game is gonna be, anything can happen, they might even change the story. Speculations are wide here, it is pretty useless if we fight each other saying that capcom can or can't make a good remake nowadays, we won't know if they can until the game is out.


SPOILER ALERT: Ada escapes alive.


TheBatMan wrote:

And the facebook feedback is all over the place. It is highly inconsistent what the fans want.

That is so true that it annoys me more than what it should

Why is the post useless? Obviously people like to talk about RE here... after all this is a RE forum. I didn't make the post to discuss facts, i made it to encourage discussion and to share my own thoughts and hopes for the remake. I agree with you about hype over hate though. But i can understand why some people are negative about the whole thing. Capcom has done a great job at letting the original fans down. I have hope they will do this right, but i wouldn't be surprised at all of they completely wrecked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
avatar

Playstation Network DARIOC2013
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Why is the post useless?

Let me rephrase that, i mean that it is useless to assure how the remake would and should be at this moment. We can speculate and we can share what we would like or wouldn't like about a re2 remake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:09 pm

The Chronicles games break from canon in several ways in addition to being a completely different type of game from RE2, so they aren't necessarily the best example to base from. Is TheBatman right? Maybe to probably. But we haven't actually seen anything yet to say for sure, hence why I'm going with a cautiously optimistic approach.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EQOAnostalgia
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 35
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
The Chronicles games break from canon in several ways in addition to being a completely different type of game from RE2, so they aren't necessarily the best example to base from. Is TheBatman right? Maybe to probably. But we haven't actually seen anything yet to say for sure, hence why I'm going with a cautiously optimistic approach.

Exactly. I'm remaining optimistic but with much due caution given how much they have proven themselves for screwing things up lol. But if this works out it's going to be amazing, and will lead to 3 remade as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Bulls-3ye
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86
Posts : 144
Join date : 2014-09-18
Age : 31
Location : The Great White North

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:55 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
But if this works out it's going to be amazing, and will lead to 3 remade as well!

If they're gonna do that then what i always wanted was for them to include Nemesis with RE2 remake.
As an additional scenario (since they're so short anyway) and then re-release Code Veronica as RE3.
Just to clear up the confusion and make the main RE series more clear, 0 through 6 + Rev 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
If they're gonna do that then what i always wanted was for them to include Nemesis with RE2 remake.
As an additional scenario (since they're so short anyway) and then re-release Code Veronica as RE3.
Just to clear up the confusion and make the main RE series more clear, 0 through 6 + Rev 1 and 2.
Renaming CV to RE3 would probably cause a whole mess of confusion, since the names are already widely associated with the respective games. And I'd rather my favorite RE not be demoted to the point of piggybacking another. If Capcom wants to package them together (assuming an RE3make even gets made), that's fine, but they should stay separate games and maintain their existing names.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:39 am

Even at this point it's not even certain the remake will happen. They have asked us something (not a proof the actual game is in development, they've asked us a lot of stuff over the years) and there's one guy pitching this to the higher ups with a vague image he did in photoshop in ten minutes and a presentation we know nothing about. It's still all just speculation, not confirmation.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:12 am

My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:50 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.

I wasn't saying otherwise Razz That was just my general comment on the whole RE2 remake deal.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they bundled the two together, though, and RE3 is still my favorite in the series.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
avatar

Playstation Network DARIOC2013
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:10 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.

RE3 sucks. *grabs popcorn.

Nah, jk. What worries me is that if they are just now pitching this idea, the game will take like 2 or 3 years to come out, and I'm not getting any younger you know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBatMan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2014-07-19

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:41 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.

RE3 sucks. *grabs popcorn.

Nah, jk. What worries me is that if they are just now pitching this idea, the game will take like 2 or 3 years to come out, and I'm not getting any younger you know.

I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it's already been in development for months. Next year is the 20th anniversary and that would mark a good time for Remake 2 to arrive. It all depends on how much effort they are willing to put into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
avatar

Playstation Network DARIOC2013
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:23 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.

RE3 sucks. *grabs popcorn.

Nah, jk. What worries me is that if they are just now pitching this idea, the game will take like 2 or 3 years to come out, and I'm not getting any younger you know.

I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it's already been in development for months. Next year is the 20th anniversary and that would mark a good time for Remake 2 to arrive. It all depends on how much effort they are willing to put into it.

Capcom be trollin be you say? those bastards...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:19 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.

RE3 sucks. *grabs popcorn.

Nah, jk. What worries me is that if they are just now pitching this idea, the game will take like 2 or 3 years to come out, and I'm not getting any younger you know.

I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it's already been in development for months. Next year is the 20th anniversary and that would mark a good time for Remake 2 to arrive. It all depends on how much effort they are willing to put into it.

More like they'd announce it then. It would seem a tad weird to start asking us about things now if it was already deep in development.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   

Back to top Go down
 
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Resident Evil HD remake
» [Total Remake][EN] Browser Heroes 2 (homm2web)
» The Friends of Summer Wine Appreciation Group & Discussion Forums
» VISION & GUIDELINES STATEMENT
» Hearing 1-25-10 - Discussion Thread - CLOSED

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: