Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Today at 12:06 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Bulls-3ye

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye

White Rock

Ghost Leader

PWNERX

Share | 

What makes Resident Evil for you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Capcom should really leave episodic games to Telltale.

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:20 am

MSR wrote:
If you don't use one of your limited ink ribbons to save at a select typewriter, and you die, you should have to start the game over from the beginning. No more of this chapter BS.

That worked better in the confined and short format of the classic titles, doesn't really translate that well to the new 20 hour experience thing. At least I wouldn't be interested in doing an entire chapter all over again multiple times.

MSR wrote:
It's cool and all if maybe you were playing them one at a time, but yeah could do without. Why don't they skip the DBZ-style Last Time On DRAGON BALL Z! montages before and after chapters and just give us a friggen cutscene browser. Actually, pretty sure it has that.

There is but it would make all the difference if there was a small prompt every time that said "Watch the previous episode recap? Y/N" But hey, at least you can still skip the cutscene so it's not like it matters that much.

S.Winters wrote:
font=Comic Sans MS]Are they going to make more of those darn things? REV100? I didn't really care for the episodes.[/font]

I take it you don't enjoy the side series that much? Don't worry, I doubt we'll ever see that many games in the main series, let alone in the series in total.

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
S.Winters
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:46 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Are they going to make more of those darn things? REV100? I didn't really care for the episodes.

I take it you don't enjoy the side series that much? Don't worry, I doubt we'll ever see that many games in the main series, let alone in the series in total.

No, I liked them. Just don't really like it being episodic. Just let me play the game. I know what I did in the last episode! >_< But I dunno.. How many Revelations can one person have?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:54 am

S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Are they going to make more of those darn things? REV100? I didn't really care for the episodes.

No, I liked them. Just don't really like it being episodic. Just let me play the game. I know what I did in the last episode! >_< But I dunno.. How many Revelations can one person have?

We'll see if Revelations turns out to be the longest lasting spinoff series with an actual story. Currently the longest run was with Survivor that had 4 releases, even though one of them was a Dino Crisis game. Well, 5 if you count that one mobile game.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

We'll see if Revelations turns out to be the longest lasting spinoff series with an actual story. Currently the longest run was with Survivor that had 4 releases, even though one of them was a Dino Crisis game. Well, 5 if you count that one mobile game.

Hmm... I wouldn't mind it if it lasted a while. REV2 wasn't so bad. I actually liked that game a lot. One of them was Dino Crisis? Really? I might've actually played that mobile game. I can't quite remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:21 am

S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Hmm... I wouldn't mind it if it lasted a while. REV2 wasn't so bad. I actually liked that game a lot. One of them was Dino Crisis? Really? I might've actually played that mobile game. I can't quite remember.

Survivor 3 was Dino Stalker, it had some ties to the story of DC2. I doubt you have played that mobile Survivor since it was only released in Japan and I haven't found any translations on it around the internet. Biohazard iSurvivor was the name.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Survivor 3 was Dino Stalker, it had some ties to the story of DC2. I doubt you have played that mobile Survivor since it was only released in Japan and I haven't found any translations on it around the internet. Biohazard iSurvivor was the name.

Dino Stalker. Ha ha.. I see. I can't remember if I played DC2. Then it was some other mobile RE game. I can't remember what that one is called but it was pretty silly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:56 am

What made RE for me was the combination of story, characters (more so the creatures), unique gameplay mechanics (tank controls ftw?), and probably the biggest part, the atmosphere. Playing RE1 back in the day with very little to no background music and what little there was was super creepy, not knowing what was around the next corner or in the next room, etc.

Then came the newer (RE4 and up) games with the third person perspective. It became more about the story at that point, for me. And then the multiplayer with RE5 was very fun for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Spike991 was way cooler than MSR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:46 pm

MSR wrote:
RE4 does have a third person perspective, just like previous titles,  even though it's Over The Shoulder instead of camera angles with pre-rendered environments.
I guess I'm the only one that believes this type of camera should be called "second-person", because this is what I consider to be third-person.

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:08 am

1st person is your own view through your perspective or eyes.
2nd person is your view through someone else's perspective or eyes.
3rd person is your view as told by some other detached entity or narrator.

So technically, a 2nd person game would have you playing as some character, but only being able to see through a different character's eyes. It's been done, but it's virtually unplayable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LindaWesker19
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:21 am

I like soundtrack Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssplain
Zombie
Zombie

Steam : Splain

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:43 pm

LindaWesker19 wrote:
I like soundtrack Embarassed

I was playing through parts of Revelations 2 this week and I realized how much of a difference a good soundtrack can make. I was just walking through a warehouse but I felt on edge because of well the soundtrack helped the atmosphere. While music might not be what makes Resident Evil for me, it def helps build the feeling of dread I associate with my favorite titles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
TerraSavior
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:19 pm

the atmosphere and the scariness of it all is important, and also competent control scheme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:21 am

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard looks nothing like Resident Evil, at all. Many Biohaze users hate it when I say it is copying Silent Hills, but I think it is, with all my heart. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:29 am

White Rock wrote:
Many Biohaze users hate it when I say it is copying Silent Hills, but I think it is, with all my heart. Wink

It's not true, though, as the developers said in an interview that RE7 started development before Silent Hills was announced and they expressed their surprise as to how similar the projects were.

Quote from Masachiko Kawata, the producer of RE7: "We were actually creating Resident Evil 7 before PT was announced, so when they announced it, it was kind of like, 'Oh, they're doing first-person too?'"

Here's the entire article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-boss-wasnt-happy-with-silent-hills/1100-6441003/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
White Rock wrote:
Many Biohaze users hate it when I say it is copying Silent Hills, but I think it is, with all my heart. Wink

It's not true, though, as the developers said in an interview that RE7 started development before Silent Hills was announced and they expressed their surprise as to how similar the projects were.

Quote from Masachiko Kawata, the producer of RE7: "We were actually creating Resident Evil 7 before PT was announced, so when they announced it, it was kind of like, 'Oh, they're doing first-person too?'"

Here's the entire article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-boss-wasnt-happy-with-silent-hills/1100-6441003/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

I require relevant story before I call it RE7. But at least it has reference of Umbrella...and an old Umbrella copter at that.

Maybe Nicholai will have some relevance here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah. About Nicholai. Was he not in the ending to Outbreak, which may have occurred after the events of 3: Nemesis? I always found that confusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:09 am

Both RE3 and Outbreak end with Raccoon's destruction, and Nicholai is most definitely alive after the ending of RE3 (as hinted by official Capcom sources). I don't think he was seen during the ending of Outbreak, only during the last chapter of the first File.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
Gimme Dopamine
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:45 pm

"You're happy that you can go on, but at the same time you fear the unknown." - You put that beautifully; that's EXACTLY how I would describe it.

I played bits of the older games when I was little. The first I completed was 5. It was good but a bit too fast paced and not as immersive. Played a little of Resi4. Better than 5 but still didn't feel unique enough.

I'm currently playing through the Resi1 remaster, for the first time, and it is frickin' amazing! As you said, the puzzles and exploration... The game gives you clues but doesn't hold your hand (something missing in today's games expect for Soulsborne, Super Meat Boy, and maybe a few others).

The atmosphere is seriously scary. I found myself screaming bloody murder multiple times. Even if it's just one zombie bursting through a door you don't expect, it puts a fear in you for the rest of the game... Not knowing when something crazy will happen is unnerving. It could just be a scratch on the window, an account in a diary, or subtle music, but that is enough to make you say: "What the fuck was that?"

I have spent so many hours on Resi1, so far, but I still haven't had a full-on fight with whatever the first boss will be! I don't want this game to end Sad because I know I will never get this experience again (completing my first older Resi game).

I'll be onto Resi2 as soon as I complete Resi1. Fuck waiting for the remake! Although, I'll play that too when it is out. I'm so excited just writing this message xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:47 am

It's good to see some good old enthusiasm for a new release Very Happy Are you going to be playing Zero, too? I'm not sure how well you've researched the series but it takes place before the first one (as the name would imply), though it's better played after experiencing the original.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   

Back to top Go down

What makes Resident Evil for you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next