What hapenned to this place

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 am

In all my years of being a RE fan, I've never bothered much with the GameSpot forums. In 2003 though, when I first joined forums, I knew a guy called Ruben. I've been a member of many forums since that year, so I saw a lot of ups and downs on many websites that once stood tall, but later crumbled. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revenant662
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:27 pm

I honestly haven't heard of the forums you're talking about but they sound cool! Though I was once a member of project manhunt forums which I haven't been on in years, how is the site holding up? The biggest forum I was ever a part of was the raccooncityforums or RCF.. but that site was taken down by some would be hacker. Basically now I'm just on here and happy to be, as well as one other re forum which is cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mister Albert Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network the-evilking
Steam : Hoxton47

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:35 pm

Revenant662 wrote:
I honestly haven't heard of the forums you're talking about but they sound cool! Though I was once a member of project manhunt forums which I haven't been on in years, how is the site holding up? The biggest forum I was ever a part of was the raccooncityforums or RCF.. but that site was taken down by some would be hacker. Basically now I'm just on here and happy to be, as well as one other re forum which is cool.
Project Manhunt, huh? You should come back, the place is pretty much a ghost town if not dead these days... Say, ever heard of Gooby?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:31 am

I've sometimes joined forums about other games I'm not a fan of, but if I find they are not active or not populated by friendly users, I don't stick around. Like I said, the only boards I really go on is Biohaze, this one, and the Silent Hill Heaven one. You can also post on Rely on Horror if you sign in with a social media account. It's not a forum, exactly. They post news and you get to leave comments. I'm also on Twitter and Facebook. The character limit thing on Twitter is annoying. cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official

Playstation Network RebelliousQueen
Steam : BlindedByVengeance

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:32 pm

Well, I would like to share something and here it goes, the very first forum that I've joined that was last 4 years ago it was the Project Umbrella but the admins there is not that friendly and also the members were so serious about the topics. If you posted something that is against them or for them they'd find it very useless or nonsense they will going to take it down immediately. Sad to say I was also been discriminated a lot of times 'cause of my grammar. Even the admin there I wouldn't want to mention his name. He messaged me saying he is going delete all the replies and topics that I made. I told him I was leaving and he said it was fine and he's going to disabled my account as soon as possible. Now, here I am and I'm not ashamed to tell you guys that I'm happy to be here. I'm not even planning to leave. So far, this is the best forum that I've been with for many years now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:05 am

Jesus. That's one hell of a way to treat members Neutral  

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 am

Places to avoid. Anywhere that has a 'flame forum' for bitch fests. It is just stupid and pointless. Or forums that get you to post like mad for to earn points and rewards. That's just mental. Like how Plenty of Fish lets you buy a jay-peg of a wine bottle or a cute looking teddy bear, to send to a potential 'date' that never happens. So sad! affraid

Last edited by White Rock on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revenant662
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:56 am

I've never been on project umbrella but I have heard about it and I hear nothing but bad things, I'm very happy to be here because of how friendly people have been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:17 pm

The name rings a bell, but I think they disabled registration there because of those auto-bots that spam on the forums. A lot of the people there also post on Bioflames, Biohaze, The Horror Is Alive and Capcom Europe. All of them besides Biohaze are dead now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBatMan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Biohaze all the way. The forums have always been friendly and work is ongoing on updating some of the site's features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Pfft! We're a better site than they could ever be. Reason? I'm here, of course!

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Pfft! We're a better site than they could ever be. Reason? I'm here, of course!

Hm, over flowing confidence. I'm starting to feel the dark side. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 am

I like Biohaze. I would like to see new members posting there, though. It's always the usual bunch there. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lukong
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:31 am

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Well, I would like to share something and here it goes, the very first forum that I've joined that was last 4 years ago it was the Project Umbrella but the admins there is not that friendly and also the members were so serious about the topics. If you posted something that is against them or for them they'd find it very useless or nonsense they will going to take it down immediately. Sad to say I was also been discriminated a lot of times 'cause of my grammar. Even the admin there I wouldn't want to mention his name. He messaged me saying he is going delete all the replies and topics that I made. I told him I was leaving and he said it was fine and he's going to disabled my account as soon as possible. Now, here I am and I'm not ashamed to tell you guys that I'm happy to be here. I'm not even planning to leave. So far, this is the best forum that I've been with for many years now.

You can tell your not going to get that kind of treatment here, seeing as Mass D, Night C and Pwn X can put up with my insane topics and long thesis of post. *Que one of the 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:09 am

Lukong wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:

You can tell your not going to get that kind of treatment here, seeing as Mass D, Night C and Pwn X can put up with my insane topics and long thesis of post. *Que one of the 3.

I can put if with your insanity, but can you put up with mine?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Lukong
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:04 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Lukong wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:

I can put if with your insanity, but can you put up with mine?

I think so.... ..... .....what exactly is your inanity?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Being very inane

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Being very inane

Very inane in the membrane
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:21 am

It happens. Huh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:14 am

Lukong wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:

Well I've been here for almost 4 years now. So far, they never made me feel that way. I mean they were closed to me. The admins here and also Mass our one and only moderator. I'm not having any issues with them. When it comes to those topic that I posted, we never got problems on it. Just act friendly and always consider both sides of the story. Well I guess the reason why I'm still staying here it's because they were my family for a long time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 am

Despite the topsy-turvy feel of the series' popularity these days, I'm still appreciative that forums like this are still around for fans to have a chat. Everyone still seems to be a big fan regardless of how the series pans out. We just have to accept that things have changed in the world of gaming, and we probably won't get any new RE game that feels like the old ones from before 2005.

Hell, I'm still a bit cheesed off that they never seem to resolve a great deal of the unanswered stuff from prior games, and an eternity goes by before they bring people back, so old and different. They just bring out all-new stuff and make an even bigger mess. We kind of just get little bits and pieces of closure. Like, when we finally got to see the much talked about Spencer in person, I'd say the wait was kind of worth it, even if his time on screen was rather brief. His chat with Wesker talking about him being perhaps manufactured was kind of interesting, and one of the more memorable parts in 5. Not long afterwards, the man himself was dead. Not Spencer, I mean Wesker. I'd have rather they didn't kill off Wesker the way they did, but oh well. It's done now, so we can safely forget about it, and move on.

But in general, I get what you mean about forums not being that popular now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What hapenned to this place   

Back to top Go down

What hapenned to this place
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2