HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» BAD NEWS
Yesterday at 9:46 am by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors [Tech Demo]
Yesterday at 5:19 am by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 am by White Rock

» At last: "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" will be released this December!
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:29 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil Discord
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 pm by PWNERX

» Greetings from Hell
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:57 am by Ghost Leader

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:06 pm by PWNERX

» Any Mad Max fans?
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:24 am by Bulls-3ye

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
White Rock
 
Ghost Leader
 
DeathShadows
 
PWNERX
 

Share | 
 

 Hi, I'm vitalsigns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm 26 years old and my first RE game was the REmake for gamecube way back and being so young, RE games legitimately scared me. As I gripped I controller tight I had to work up the courage to open each door as I imagined what horrors and traps might await me behind it. The fact that I could power up my gamecube for a dose of adrenaline made them addictive.
As time went on, I bought RE4 and got back into the REmake as well I gradually built up a tolerance and I began to look at them as puzzle games, games in which being smarter and calculated in your actions was more rewarding than busting down the door guns blazing.(btw, whoever thought of the sliding stone puzzle in RE4 can go die) Of course, the fact that the scares were still there, leftover from childhood also made the resident evil franchise the most effective and enjoyable.
As time went on, I bought the ports of earlier games for the gamecube and played them. However, I stopped playing for awhile since plugging a gamecube into a HDTV results in a horribly blurry image.
Recently, I gave emulators a try and with a PC controller adaptor, I'm in the process of going through the franchise(out of order) and beating each one. Since it's been at least 3-4 years since I've played a RE game, I've forgotten pretty much all of the puzzles. When I say "beating" I of course mean total completion. So, before I was finished with the REmake I've beaten the game 6 times, (4 times with chris and jill on normal, then with Chris on hard and jill on real survival, the rocket launcher is impossible). Now, I'm just starting Nemesis(I've already beaten all of the games, so I know the overarching story, and the order doesn't matter as much).

Now, since I'm back into Resident Evil, I figured I might as well join a forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12900
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Welcome to this madness, VitalSigns! I hope you have a pleasant stay and join the plethora of RE discussions we have going on.

Have you played any of the spinoffs, by chance? By your post I can assume you've at least played through all the main titles.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Vandal will crush you.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 26
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:02 pm

He's not lying. I will crush you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Welcome to this madness, VitalSigns! I hope you have a pleasant stay and join the plethora of RE discussions we have going on.

Have you played any of the spinoffs, by chance? By your post I can assume you've at least played through all the main titles.
What do you mean by spin-offs? Are you talking about things like The Umbrella Cronicals, or Operation Raccoon City? The answer to those two would be no. As far as resident evil, the only games I have played are: Zero, REmake, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4, 5, and 6. I haven't played the original because I heard it is basically the REmake with playstation graphics, bad acting, and a lot of content cut.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal will crush you.

Vandal wrote:
He's not lying. I will crush you.

Well, if you play Resident Evil you'll quickly learn to try and avoid fighting enemies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 26
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:46 pm

VitalSigns wrote:

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal will crush you.

Vandal wrote:
He's not lying. I will crush you.

Well, if you play Resident Evil you'll quickly learn to try and avoid fighting enemies.
That's probably the best response I've heard. Cept this one girl who thought it was a sexual advance. That was great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 pm

She was probably ugly and/or fat, in my experience those are the types who try and accuse everyone of trying to sexually harass them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mullet_Wesker
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker
Posts : 68
Join date : 2014-07-22
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Welcome! I'm new here myself!

Do yourself a favor and don't feel at all like you have to play Umbrella Chornicles or Operation Raccoon City. Darkside Chronicles is actually a lot of fun if you don't mind how like Resident Evil 2/Code Veronica it isn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://taylorjosephdean.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12900
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 am

VitalSigns wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Welcome to this madness, VitalSigns! I hope you have a pleasant stay and join the plethora of RE discussions we have going on.

Have you played any of the spinoffs, by chance? By your post I can assume you've at least played through all the main titles.
What do you mean by spin-offs? Are you talking about things like The Umbrella Cronicals, or Operation Raccoon City? The answer to those two would be no. As far as resident evil, the only games I have played are: Zero, REmake, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4, 5, and 6. I haven't played the original because I heard it is basically the REmake with playstation graphics, bad acting, and a lot of content cut.

Ah. You should at least check out Revelations, that's also a main title in the series and a great one at that Smile It's available on pretty much everything, too.


Mullet_Wesker wrote:
Do yourself a favor and don't feel at all like you have to play Umbrella Chornicles or Operation Raccoon City. Darkside Chronicles is actually a lot of fun if you don't mind how like Resident Evil 2/Code Veronica it isn't.

I personally would recommend Umbrella Chronicles. I enjoyed it a lot more than Darkside Chronicles. Umbrella's End was also a lot better original story than Operation Javier, at least in my opinion.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:


Ah. You should at least check out Revelations, that's also a main title in the series and a great one at that Smile It's available on pretty much everything, too.

I just downloaded revelations, I can't say I'm a real big fan of it. The controls are a big wonky in terms of character movement, the fact that when moving forward you go faster than side-to-side or backwards makes the controls feel a bit wonky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12900
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:24 am

VitalSigns wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:


Ah. You should at least check out Revelations, that's also a main title in the series and a great one at that Smile It's available on pretty much everything, too.

I just downloaded revelations, I can't say I'm a real big fan of it. The controls are a big wonky in terms of character movement, the fact that when moving forward you go faster than side-to-side or backwards makes the controls feel a bit wonky.

Isn't that how all RE games with tank controls worked, though? At least I thought the RER controls were like a mix of RE5 and RE3 with the added ability to move while aiming.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 am

No, even in 6 you have to use a button to run. I'm not sure what the story is, it's just something feels "off," I played 6 recent and I never got the same feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 26
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:51 am

You get use to the controls. Revelations was a damn good game, the story pans out, but you do have to pay attention to it. It's written by the same guy who did Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop, so it's not as simple as other RE games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:07 am

Vandal wrote:
You get use to the controls. Revelations was a damn good game, the story pans out, but you do have to pay attention to it. It's written by the same guy who did Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop, so it's not as simple as other RE games.

I've played up to halfway through Chris' chapter and so far it seems, as Yatzee(zero punctiation) put it: "The story is both needlessly complex and childishly predictable." Though he pretty much hates every action game, even if they have an excellent plot(Borderlands 2), and since RE: Revelations is pretty much an action game, it is unsurprising that he wouldn't like it.

I figured I might give Yatzee some credibility this time, since story telling has never been Capcom's strong suit, so I figured with wonky controls on a 3rd person shooter and the same old story, the game wasn't going anywhere, so I stopped playing. However, if Masamune Shirow wrote the story as opposed to Shinji Mikami(or worse, Paul Anderson), then it might be worth playing to see if he has managed to do something with Capcom's dead horse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 26
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:21 am

VitalSigns wrote:
Vandal wrote:
You get use to the controls. Revelations was a damn good game, the story pans out, but you do have to pay attention to it. It's written by the same guy who did Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop, so it's not as simple as other RE games.

I've played up to halfway through Chris' chapter and so far it seems, as Yatzee(zero punctiation) put it: "The story is both needlessly complex and childishly predictable." Though he pretty much hates every action game, even if they have an excellent plot(Borderlands 2), which is basically what RE: Revelations is. Story telling has never been Capcom's strong suit, so I figured with wonky controls on a 3rd person shooter and the same old story, the game wasn't going anywhere, so I stopped playing.

However, if Masamune Shirow wrote the story as opposed to Shinji Mikami(or worse, Paul Anderson), then it might be worth playing to see if he has managed to do something with Capcom's dead horse.
I think Yahtzee liked Revelations for the most part, it wasn't as bad as his Re6 or Re5 review, and he spoke highly of the enemy designs and clostrophobic environments. But honestly, I've never played Resident Evil for the story, I've always played it for the experience.

After you've been betrayed the first time in Resident Evil, you can safely assume you'd get betrayed again in the next one by the guy who who delivers a saturday morning cartoon villain performance.

Just get use to the controls, it seems more of a problem of deciding on whether the game wants to be a horror or an action title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
avatar

Playstation Network DARIOC2013
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:27 am

I dissagree with everything!!!!!!!!!!

*nerd mode off

the game is really good, the story may be complex cause it is too much for something that happens in a spin off right in the middle of 4 and 5.
Personally, this game has to be play in a few sittings and away from other RE contemporary RE titles, otherwise you'll get mixed up, confused, and frustated. Like Vandal said, it has problems deciding between action or horror, puzzles and going through different rooms and soon after shoot the fuck out a giant monster in a turret on a helicopter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 am

It is an action horror(like Dead Space).

Paul, keep in mind that "complex" isn't the same as "good," in fact its normally the opposite, which is why you run into so many bad plots. Twilight had a complex story(yes, I actually read all 4 books at my sister's request) but that doesn't necessarily make it good. Borderlands 2 had a very simple story, but it was absolute genius.

The original Resident Evil games were good because they had simple plots.

Resident Evil 1
What is wrong? You're stuck in a mansion with zombies
Why are you stuck in this mansion? There are zombie dogs outside
Who is the antagonist? The mansion itself
What is the antagonist's goal? To trap us inside
...
etc

Resident Evil 4(the first action horror as a main game)
What is wrong? the president's daughter was taken and you're trying to get her back
Why was she kidnapped? because the cult wanted to use her to gain leverage over America
Who is the antagonist? The cult
What is the antagonist's goal? To recapture Ashley and use her to get power

All of the questions are easily answered by the player.

Now, lets try it with RE6
With Resident Evil 6:
1. What is wrong? Maybe zombies... the game never makes it clear exactly what the overarching point of your actions are.
2. Why are there zombies? Because it's a resident evil game and Capcom felt it needed zombies
3. Who is the antagonist? not sure (note: antagonist isn't the same as "bad guy," since none of the villians seem to have much of an impact on the progression of the story, they can't really be labeled as antagonists)
4. What is the antagonist's goal? Nobody knows, it seems the only reason the main characters are in the mess they are in is due to their own self-destructive nature.

The only thread that makes any sense is the Jake/Sherry campaign, however it seems to lack depth and is basically Resident Evil 3 version two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mullet_Wesker
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker
Posts : 68
Join date : 2014-07-22
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 pm

If I recall correctly, didn't both the villains in Revelations (I forget who he was, not the terrorist leader, but the political guy) and RE6 (Richard Simmons) unleash biohazard outbreaks to avert attention from an unwanted truth?

I had finished Revelations in a single sitting and was so mad I took it back instantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://taylorjosephdean.com
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
avatar

Playstation Network DARIOC2013
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:48 pm

VitalSigns wrote:
It is an action horror(like Dead Space).

Paul, keep in mind that "complex" isn't the same as "good," in fact its normally the opposite, which is why you run into so many bad plots. Twilight had a complex story(yes, I actually read all 4 books at my sister's request) but that doesn't necessarily make it good. Borderlands 2 had a very simple story, but it was absolute genius.

The original Resident Evil games were good because they had simple plots.

Resident Evil 1
What is wrong? You're stuck in a mansion with zombies
Why are you stuck in this mansion? There are zombie dogs outside
Who is the antagonist? The mansion itself
What is the antagonist's goal? To trap us inside
...
etc

Resident Evil 4(the first action horror as a main game)
What is wrong? the president's daughter was taken and you're trying to get her back
Why was she kidnapped? because the cult wanted to use her to gain leverage over America
Who is the antagonist? The cult
What is the antagonist's goal? To recapture Ashley and use her to get power

All of the questions are easily answered by the player.

Now, lets try it with RE6
With Resident Evil 6:
1. What is wrong? Maybe zombies... the game never makes it clear exactly what the overarching point of your actions are.
2. Why are there zombies? Because it's a resident evil game and Capcom felt it needed zombies
3. Who is the antagonist? not sure (note: antagonist isn't the same as "bad guy," since none of the villians seem to have much of an impact on the progression of the story, they can't really be labeled as antagonists)
4. What is the antagonist's goal? Nobody knows, it seems the only reason the main characters are in the mess they are in is due to their own self-destructive nature.

The only thread that makes any sense is the Jake/Sherry campaign, however it seems to lack depth and is basically Resident Evil 3 version two.

I know, you didn't have to do that huge post, normally complex is like "unecessary complex"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mullet_Wesker
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker
Posts : 68
Join date : 2014-07-22
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Vitalsigns wrote:
Resident Evil 1
What is wrong? You're stuck in a mansion with zombies
Why are you stuck in this mansion? There are zombie dogs outside
Who is the antagonist? The mansion itself
What is the antagonist's goal? To trap us inside
...
etc

Resident Evil 4(the first action horror as a main game)
What is wrong? the president's daughter was taken and you're trying to get her back
Why was she kidnapped? because the cult wanted to use her to gain leverage over America
Who is the antagonist? The cult
What is the antagonist's goal? To recapture Ashley and use her to get power

All of the questions are easily answered by the player.

Now, lets try it with RE6
With Resident Evil 6:
1. What is wrong? Maybe zombies... the game never makes it clear exactly what the overarching point of your actions are.
2. Why are there zombies? Because it's a resident evil game and Capcom felt it needed zombies
3. Who is the antagonist? not sure (note: antagonist isn't the same as "bad guy," since none of the villians seem to have much of an impact on the progression of the story, they can't really be labeled as antagonists)
4. What is the antagonist's goal? Nobody knows, it seems the only reason the main characters are in the mess they are in is due to their own self-destructive nature.

I love this. RE6 did cram too much together. The next Resident Evil needs a simple to understand plot without six main characters and generic villain 4876220.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://taylorjosephdean.com
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:35 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:


I know, you didn't have to do that huge post, normally complex is like "unecessary complex"

I know I didn't NEED the long post, but I had been wanting to rant and you provided the perfect excuse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network RebelliousQueen
Steam : BlindedByVengeance
Posts : 2954
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 25
Location : Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Is this the thread for Resident Evil haters? Correct me if I am wrong. I mean what's the point of being a so-called member of this forum if you have a different thinking about the series? I hate Resident Evil 6 however I am still playin' it. If you guys doesn't like the series then why staying here? I just don't like reading this kind of threads here. Can somone please lock this up? Clearly nonsense to talk about this things. No offense to the newbies. I just don't like this topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 pm

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Is this the thread for Resident Evil haters? Correct me if I am wrong. I mean what's the point of being a so-called member of this forum if you have a different thinking about the series? I hate Resident Evil 6 however I am still playin' it. If you guys doesn't like the series then why staying here? I just don't like reading this kind of threads here. Can please someone lock this up? It's clearly nonsense to talk about this things. No offense to the newbies.
Blind devotion to the series isn't a prerequisite for membership her. We're well within our right to like and dislike certain entries and discuss why. This is what's happening in this topic, so no, it shouldn't be locked.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network RebelliousQueen
Steam : BlindedByVengeance
Posts : 2954
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 25
Location : Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:
Is this the thread for Resident Evil haters? Correct me if I am wrong. I mean what's the point of being a so-called member of this forum if you have a different thinking about the series? I hate Resident Evil 6 however I am still playin' it. If you guys doesn't like the series then why staying here? I just don't like reading this kind of threads here. Can please someone lock this up? It's clearly nonsense to talk about this things. No offense to the newbies.
Blind devotion to the series isn't a prerequisite for membership her. We're well within our right to like and dislike certain entries and discuss why. This is what's happening in this topic, so no, it shouldn't be locked.

Oh, alright well then it'll stay I guess. How are ya Ghost? :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitalSigns
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Tampa FL

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 am

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Is this the thread for Resident Evil haters? Correct me if I am wrong. I mean what's the point of being a so-called member of this forum if you have a different thinking about the series? I hate Resident Evil 6 however I am still playin' it. If you guys doesn't like the series then why staying here? I just don't like reading this kind of threads here. Can somone please lock this up? Clearly nonsense to talk about this things. No offense to the newbies. I just don't like this topic.

Loving the series and blind devotion are two different things. A parent loves their child, but when they don't approve of them sneaking out at night, do you believe that means the parents don't love their children? If we hated Resident Evil then we wouldn't get so worked up when we didn't like an aspect of the game.

They could have released Resident Evil 6 under a different IP and created a game with a plot that made sense, however it wouldn't have done as well. Established IPs get abused so much because buyers are more willing to trust a franchise they are familiar with. Which is why you saw the Star Wars purest (who said episode 1 sucked), first in line at the release of episode 2. By calling it "Resident Evil" they assured a massive amount of sales and saves a bundle on advertising by letting the hype machine do the work for them. I bought Resident Evil 5 and 6 BNIB when they came out, I even bought Resident Evil 4 twice(once on gamecube, once on the Xbox360 port) I bought the Revelations port(I don't own a 3DS) and I'll most likely buy RE7. I think I have have earned the right to give my opinion on my property(and those disks are my property, no matter what the media companies say).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm vitalsigns   

Back to top Go down
 
Hi, I'm vitalsigns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Important Announcements :: Introductions-
Jump to: