HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Today at 6:11 am by Ghost Leader

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Yesterday at 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

» Facebook disabled my account!
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 pm by RebelliousQueen

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye
 
White Rock
 
Ghost Leader
 

Share | 
 

 RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zeolite
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-06-08

PostSubject: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm

On RE1 for PS1, at the start in the dining room when Barry says "Jill, see if you can find any more clues. I'll be examining this" if you go back into the main hall instead of through the door near the fireplace where you find the first zombie you see a cut-scene where Wesker says "investigate if you hear any gun fire." You then automatically walk back into the dining room. If you try to go back to the main hall twice more Barry says "losing heart Jill? That's not like you." Then when you walk past the grandfather clock it chimes and the zombie enters the room. Later on when you go to where Kenneth's body and ammo should be they're not there.

I've tried the things mentioned in the paragraph above and they do happen. I'm sure I read on some website ages ago that if you do this then later on when you go to the room where you find the researcher's will you find Barry tearing up documents and Jill asks him what he is doing but I have not been able to make this next bit happen. I was wondering whether anyone else has come across this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4467
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:56 am

My GF, who occasionally lurks here, asked me to tell you this.

Quote :
If I remember correctly, there are four requirements to viewing the cutscene in which Barry destroys the file evidence: return to Wesker before investigating the gunshot, waste time, open the front door, and grab the shotgun early in the game--which triggers the infamous Jill Sandwhich cutscene. Zeolite didn't mention opening the front door or grabbing the shotty early.

That should work, if memory serves.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
avatar

Playstation Network DARIOC2013
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:32 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
My GF, who occasionally lurks here, asked me to tell you this.

Quote :
If I remember correctly, there are four requirements to viewing the cutscene in which Barry destroys the file evidence: return to Wesker before investigating the gunshot, waste time, open the front door, and grab the shotgun early in the game--which triggers the infamous Jill Sandwhich cutscene. Zeolite didn't mention opening the front door or grabbing the shotty early.

That should work, if memory serves.


and that was on the original? I heard the evidence cutscene happening in the remake, maybe it happens in both games, dunno
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2132
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 21
Location : On the Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:01 am

I think I may have seen this once on RE1 on the PS1...however, my memory sucks. Damn Total Recall...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4467
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:22 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
My GF, who occasionally lurks here, asked me to tell you this.

Quote :
If I remember correctly, there are four requirements to viewing the cutscene in which Barry destroys the file evidence: return to Wesker before investigating the gunshot, waste time, open the front door, and grab the shotgun early in the game--which triggers the infamous Jill Sandwhich cutscene. Zeolite didn't mention opening the front door or grabbing the shotty early.

That should work, if memory serves.
and that was on the original? I heard the evidence cutscene happening in the remake, maybe it happens in both games, dunno
It's in the Arrange Mode of Director's Cut, at least. I haven't played the original (the mode in DC or the actual original) in decades.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeolite
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-06-08

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:49 pm

The first bit with the zombie walking into the dining room before you find it eating Kenneth definitely happens in the original RE for PS1.

When you say "waste time" do you mean just stand around for several minutes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4467
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:20 am

zeolite wrote:
When you say "waste time" do you mean just stand around for several minutes?

GL's super awesome GF wrote:
Waste time by not investigating the other rooms--which triggers the arrival of Kenneth's zombie. There are several scene variations throughout the game, but the one you're looking for (Barry destroying evidence) is largely dependent upon lifting the shotgun early. This sets off a chain reaction of subsequent scene variations with Barry. You'll know you're on the right track if you find Barry on the balcony with Forest.

So yeah, pretty much just find a safe room and muck about for ten minutes or so.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EQOAnostalgia
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 35
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:44 am

I seen all of this years ago because back then i played RE 1 like... obsessively. Some of that MIGHT have had to do with the fact that i only had a few games at the time and was too young to get a job and buy more...  lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4467
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Some of that MIGHT have had to do with the fact that i only had a few games at the time and was too young to get a job and buy more...  lol! 
There was always thievery and shoplifting. Razz 

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:58 am

Wait, so that Barry and the grenade launcher thing only happens in the remake?

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:07 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Wait, so that Barry and the grenade launcher thing only happens in the remake?

If you are referring to the actual cutscene in which Barry personally gives Jill the Grenade Launcher out on the balcony in REmake, then yes. That isn't in RE1 as far as Teh Spike knows, just REmake. It's a cool little cutscene, but you can only watch it if Barry hasn't saved you from the collapsing ceiling or given you acid rounds yet. Which is why you gotta be careful with where you go and what you do in the mansion in REmake. If you want to watch that cutscene, that is.

Aw man... That means I've been trying to make it happen in Director's Cut for nothing.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4467
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 am

Teh Spike wrote:
You know, Benjamin Franklin found 100 ways not to make a light bulb before he actually made a light bulb.
Actually, it was Humphrey Davy who invented the light bulb.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
37 Narwhals
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-10-11

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Wait, so that Barry and the grenade launcher thing only happens in the remake?

If you are referring to the actual cutscene in which Barry personally gives Jill the Grenade Launcher out on the balcony in REmake, then yes. That isn't in RE1 as far as Teh Spike knows, just REmake. It's a cool little cutscene, but you can only watch it if Barry hasn't saved you from the collapsing ceiling or given you acid rounds yet. Which is why you gotta be careful with where you go and what you do in the mansion in REmake. If you want to watch that cutscene, that is.

Aw man... That means I've been trying to make it happen in Director's Cut for nothing.

I'm not sure how to make it happen but it's there. Here's the only video I could find that actually shows the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Wait, so that Barry and the grenade launcher thing only happens in the remake?

If you are referring to the actual cutscene in which Barry personally gives Jill the Grenade Launcher out on the balcony in REmake, then yes. That isn't in RE1 as far as Teh Spike knows, just REmake. It's a cool little cutscene, but you can only watch it if Barry hasn't saved you from the collapsing ceiling or given you acid rounds yet. Which is why you gotta be careful with where you go and what you do in the mansion in REmake. If you want to watch that cutscene, that is.

Aw man... That means I've been trying to make it happen in Director's Cut for nothing.

I'm not sure how to make it happen but it's there. Here's the only video I could find that actually shows the whole thing.

Sweet! I knew there had to be something behind my efforts. Sure I have not been able to make that thing happen but it's good to know it's still there Very Happy

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4467
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
You know, Benjamin Franklin found 100 ways not to make a light bulb before he actually made a light bulb.
Actually, it was Humphrey Davy who invented the light bulb.
What are you, some kind of Historian?
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeolite
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-06-08

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:35 pm

What's with the graphics on that video? Those graphics are not from the PS1 version. The Jill model looks different. My first thought was that someone had faked it using a modelling package until Barry spoke and the voice was perfect. Also, the left-hand door from the hall to the dining room was opened instead of the right-hand one, which looked wrong to me.

I haven't been able to access the scene with Barry handing Jill the researcher's will yet. Here's some video evidence that it should exist (from the same people as the video above):

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 26
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Teh Spike wrote:


Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
You know, Benjamin Franklin found 100 ways not to make a light bulb before he actually made a light bulb.
Actually, it was Humphrey Davy who invented the light bulb.

What are you, some kind of Historian? Well, Ben Jamin' Franklin did create something. Maybe it was him finding out about how to use electricity. Which is like a precursor to the invention of the Light Bulb!
Don't you mean Thomas Edison?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 26
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:33 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:


Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
You know, Benjamin Franklin found 100 ways not to make a light bulb before he actually made a light bulb.
Actually, it was Humphrey Davy who invented the light bulb.

What are you, some kind of Historian? Well, Ben Jamin' Franklin did create something. Maybe it was him finding out about how to use electricity. Which is like a precursor to the invention of the Light Bulb!
Don't you mean Thomas Edison?

Okay, let's settle this once and for all! This is an answer Teh Spike found via Google.

And as for Ben Franklin, as an inventor, he is known for the lightning rod, bifocals, and the Franklin stove, among other inventions.
I wasn't questioning who invented the lightbulb, though I find it funny that you went through all that trouble. I was asking if you meant Thomas Edison instead of Ben Franklin in your earlier posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   

Back to top Go down
 
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The British secret files (I & II)
» Madeleine McCann's fate may never be revealed 'after chief suspect takes secret to his grave' /The Mirror
» Maddie Cops - AMAZING Secret Files
» Prosecutors To Depose Jill Kerley 2-25-10
» British Foreign Office:Timeline-Madeleine McCann Case (Copied From Jill Havern's Forum-Forumotion)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Walkthrough/Game Support-
Jump to: