HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Today at 6:11 am by Ghost Leader

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Yesterday at 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

» Facebook disabled my account!
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 pm by RebelliousQueen

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye

White Rock

Ghost Leader

Share | 

Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kronguild
Sheva "Token" Alomar
Sheva

PostSubject: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Thu May 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Hey everyone, I bought Resident Evil 2 for the PS1 as part of a box of old games from a charity shop and it wont run on my PS1, the discs are silverbottom and one of them says NTSC J so I'm guessing they're Japanese and I can't run them because my PS1 is a PAL one, but the thing is these are called Resident Evil 2 not Biohazard like they are in Japan and I cannot find anything about this particular release online, does anyone know if this is valuable in any way since I can't play it? Would any collector buy this off me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Thu May 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Those should just be regular copies of the game discs. I don't know of any "rare" discs for collectors. Plus, NTSC is notably Western, while PAL is common in Europe and Japan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kronguild
Sheva "Token" Alomar
Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Thu May 15, 2014 4:56 pm

here is a picture of the discs, they are silverbottomed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
37 Narwhals
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Thu May 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Vandal wrote:
NTSC is notably Western, while PAL is common in Japan.
Nope.

Quote :
The term NTSC-J is also used to distinguish regions in console video games, which use televisions. NTSC-J is used as the name of the video gaming region of Japan (hence the "J"), South East Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (formerly part of SE Asia with Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, etc.).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC-J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Sat May 17, 2014 11:42 am

You know what those discs look to me? Pirated.

The disc numbers aren't consistent, the logo is not consistent AND there's an ESRB rating on a supposedly Japanese game disc.

I'm sure they both work but you will need a modded PS1 to play them. As for the price, pirated copies are as collectible as the discs they are printed on.

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
TheLevelBest
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Playstation Network Xense101
Steam : TheLevelBest

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Kronguild wrote:

here is a picture of the discs, they are silverbottomed.

LOL wow - pirated or not, that art isn't too bad XD

If you would like to test them out, you can use a PS1 emulator and just put them in your PC's CD-Drive or if you're experimental, use the PS1 Swap Trick - http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/916392-playstation/faqs/4708
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/TheLevelBest
PAULSAMSON
Umbrella Security Service

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:53 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

The disc numbers aren't consistent, the logo is not consistent AND there's an ESRB rating on a supposedly Japanese game disc.

I'm sure they both work but you will need a modded PS1 to play them. As for the price, pirated copies are as collectible as the discs they are printed on.

Only one method, PS1 original discs are black in the opposite side, most bootlegs and pirate discs have regular colors or directly the cd-r color. UNLESS, they pirate used a black colored cd-r in that case we are fucked

EDIT: just saw you wrote silverbottomed, then yeah, pirate to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Only one method, PS1 original discs are black in the opposite side, most bootlegs and pirate discs have regular colors or directly the cd-r color. UNLESS, they pirate used a black colored cd-r in that case we are fucked

Even if they weren't it's pretty evident from the discs themselves. No company would screw up the consistency and quality on their two discs that badly.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Even if they weren't it's pretty evident from the discs themselves. No company would screw up the consistency and quality on their two discs that badly.

I was about to say that it was weird that pirates would print a disc (when printing cd-r was proven to weaken the disc readablity) but then I remember back in the day of ps1 that pirated disc were printed and boxed on jewel cases. I'm gonna take some pics of those discs when I get home it you want to see some of them, re2 cover is a laugh

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:31 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I was about to say that it was weird that pirates would print a disc (when printing cd-r was proven to weaken the disc readablity) but then I remember back in the day of ps1 that pirated disc were printed and boxed on jewel cases. I'm gonna take some pics of those discs when I get home it you want to see some of them, re2 cover is a laugh

I have a bunch of pirated games too, got them from my brother. Unsurprisingly, most of the cases are written in Russian.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:58 am

My first copy of RE2 was a Biohazard 2 version with a debug menu to jump through doors and shit, and was also one disc for both Leon and Claire games, long lost disc, I'm gonna see it I can find some info online.

I'm pretty sure it's this one http://nakian.rimmer.sk/PSX-Biohazard_2_Beta_31071997/index.html, I never finished the game in that disc, so I won't know if it is the game crashed like it says there.

PS: the .iso for that version is everywhere now, but I'm gonna try and find my old disc,it was a pirated disc with the common title at the time of "universal version" Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:25 am

My friend had a similar deal with a pirated version Resident Evil 3. The only downside was that the game was black and white.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
My friend had a similar deal with a pirated version Resident Evil 3. The only downside was that the game was black and white.

My copy of RE3 was also on black and white on some tvs, but that was due to pal/ntsc Razz, pirates discs had that issue here, cause only the european versions of most ps1 games were translated to spanish, and the ntsc version was always in english, some of the pirates teams developed a ntsc/pal selector cause of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:04 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
My first copy of RE2 was a Biohazard 2 version with a debug menu to jump through doors and shit, and was also one disc for both Leon and Claire games, long lost disc, I'm gonna see it I can find some info online.

I'm pretty sure it's this one http://nakian.rimmer.sk/PSX-Biohazard_2_Beta_31071997/index.html, I never finished the game in that disc, so I won't know if it is the game crashed like it says there.

PS: the .iso for that version is everywhere now, but I'm gonna try and find my old disc,it was a pirated disc with the common title at the time of "universal version" Razz

Tell you what. I seen a PS1 RE2 that had one disk for sale here in Maine. Wasn't a demo and I'm damn sure it was NTSC. I didn't buy it, though, grabbed some other games instead. But...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:57 am

I found like 20 discs without cases of that "pirated period", they still work!!! I think I might make a video about it if someone is interested, couldn't find biohazard 2 though Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:00 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I found like 20 discs without cases of that "pirated period", they still work!!! I think I might make a video about it if someone is interested, couldn't find biohazard 2 though Sad

The RE2 I had was in a single CD Jewel Case, with the booklet. It was in good condition, too. Wonder if it is still there...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:03 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:

Yes please. I have you subbed so I'll know the instant it goes up Razz

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:51 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

Detecting sarcasm..................looks clean Smile.

Still I can't believe how badly scratched some of them were, and they all work 100% well, cutscenes and everything, most of them are ntsc/j strangely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:49 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

Still I can't believe how badly scratched some of them were, and they all work 100% well, cutscenes and everything, most of them are ntsc/j strangely

I would never Razz

I sub people for a reason, you know. I might actually consider doing a vid about my pirates after you've done yours. Or about my collection. We'll see how much time I want to use on that Very Happy

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

I would never Razz

I sub people for a reason, you know. I might actually consider doing a vid about my pirates after you've done yours. Or about my collection. We'll see how much time I want to use on that Very Happy

So you'll start a collections vid...and then start talking about pirates...and then start talking about pirates in you collections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback    

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 2 PS1 NTSC J silverback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1