Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Today at 12:06 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Bulls-3ye

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye

White Rock

Ghost Leader

PWNERX

Share | 

RE5 and 1 the most realistic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:41 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
RE5 stopped having realism when I had an inventory of 3 Shotguns, a Minigun, a Rocket Launcher, a Stun Rod, a M500, and a Grenade Launcher.

Resident evil as a whole started being unrealistic when a zombie managed to take 3 magnum shots to the face.

I think that can be blamed on Barry aiming in the wrong spots until the headshot. Then again, he did take 2 rounds to kill a Hunter, so it could also be his ammunition.

But then again, it's hard to find .357 Magnum ammo (if this is RE1, he used the Colt Python) that isn't High Velocity.
Caliber would realistically be irrelevant. Even a 9mm to the head will kill you just as dead, or at least neutralize you as a threat. With zombies, it'd be even more irrelevant.

That said, it could very well be where he's aiming. Contrary to what some people think, most police and military are trained to aim for the torso, rather than the head, because it's a larger target and because a bullet to the heart or lungs will certainly stop you.

When I was talking caliber, I meant it against the Hunters, with their thick scales and all.

there is an argument for both but tbf barry should of been aware that zombies only die with headshots haha
Not necessarily. For all we know, Night of the Living Dead never happened in the RE universe and therefor zombies never became a pop culture icon. Without George Romero's classic, they would never have known what a zombie is and that you have to destroy the brain to kill one.

I can't say this is true, but for now, I can only remind you the existence of the Start screen for Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 am

PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
RE5 stopped having realism when I had an inventory of 3 Shotguns, a Minigun, a Rocket Launcher, a Stun Rod, a M500, and a Grenade Launcher.

Resident evil as a whole started being unrealistic when a zombie managed to take 3 magnum shots to the face.

I think that can be blamed on Barry aiming in the wrong spots until the headshot. Then again, he did take 2 rounds to kill a Hunter, so it could also be his ammunition.

But then again, it's hard to find .357 Magnum ammo (if this is RE1, he used the Colt Python) that isn't High Velocity.
Caliber would realistically be irrelevant. Even a 9mm to the head will kill you just as dead, or at least neutralize you as a threat. With zombies, it'd be even more irrelevant.

That said, it could very well be where he's aiming. Contrary to what some people think, most police and military are trained to aim for the torso, rather than the head, because it's a larger target and because a bullet to the heart or lungs will certainly stop you.

When I was talking caliber, I meant it against the Hunters, with their thick scales and all.

there is an argument for both but tbf barry should of been aware that zombies only die with headshots haha
Not necessarily. For all we know, Night of the Living Dead never happened in the RE universe and therefor zombies never became a pop culture icon. Without George Romero's classic, they would never have known what a zombie is and that you have to destroy the brain to kill one.

I can't say this is true, but for now, I can only remind you the existence of the Start screen for Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2
Never played it.

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamTyrantH
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:10 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Never played it.

isnt the word zombie used throughout the first few games? so they do know what they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm

JamTyrantH wrote:
isnt the word zombie used throughout the first few games? so they do know what they are.
It's also used in the title of a 1932 American film that has nothing to do with the living dead, so that doesn't really prove anything.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
It's also used in the title of a 1932 American film that has nothing to do with the living dead, so that doesn't really prove anything.

In the opening movie of Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 you can see some zombie woman with a White-T shirt on the right hand side in red letters that says Dawn of the Dead. This zombie should be the first zombie you see on the right. Hence, they exist.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:

In the opening movie of Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 you can see some zombie woman with a White-T shirt on the right hand side in red letters that says Dawn of the Dead. This zombie should be the first zombie you see on the right. Hence, they exist.
I just watched it on YouTube and saw no such thing.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamTyrantH
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:

I just watched it on YouTube and saw no such thing.

I still think he would have had some idea of what he was facing once he had seen the dogs and then a walking and rotting mess, I can't remember seeing this but I haven't played the game for years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official

Playstation Network RebelliousQueen
Steam : BlindedByVengeance

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:46 pm

The most realistic for me is RE1, and RE3 because the events turned out to be real and the flow of the story is very natural. The emotion of the characters I really felt that they were really scared. Uh, what I'm tryin' to say is you were a playing a game but the fear is real and the adrenaline rush is unexplainable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:58 am

Ghost, it's about two seconds in...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:02 am

PWNERX wrote:

Ghost, it's about two seconds in...
Sorry, I can't make out anything readable.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   

Back to top Go down

RE5 and 1 the most realistic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2