HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» RoboCop
Today at 10:24 am by Mass Distraction

» Comics
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:02 pm by TerraSavior

» The day the zombies cried
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 am by Bulls-3ye

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 am by Mass Distraction

» What horror game are you most looking forward to?
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 am by Mass Distraction

» The Flakka Virus Is This True? "Zombie Apocalypse Level 1"
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:36 am by Mass Distraction

» A friend of mine was shot a couple days ago
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:30 am by Mass Distraction

» Chris Redfield returns in Not A Hero!
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:28 am by Mass Distraction

» Movie Reboot Megathread!
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 am by Mass Distraction

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Mass Distraction
 
Ghost Leader
 
Bulls-3ye
 
TerraSavior
 
DeathShadows
 
RebelliousQueen
 

Share | 
 

 Next gen vs. current gen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SWITCHMYND
Crimson Head
Crimson Head


Posts : 1095
Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Next gen vs. current gen   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:04 pm

With the new consoles on the verge of coming out, which are you going to get, or are you just going to stick with your current games and console.


Me personally think the ps4 is going to kick the ps3's ass yet i do love my ps3 but im going to sell it and out the money toward my ps4 and its games. So wondering Who else is going to join me on the ps4?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Industrial Ridden
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Playstation Network Jagerdu
Posts : 396
Join date : 2013-01-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't think I will sell my PS3. What I usually do is keep all the consoles and games I have. It takes me longer to get the newer stuff I want but sometimes I still like to go back and play previous gen consoles. I still have my PS2 and PS1 even though the PS3 plays PS2 games just fine. The PS4 is going to be the best (IMO) Next gen console.

I'll probably just get the PS4 and then get one game I'll play for a long ass time before having money for anything else. I'll start with COD Ghosts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
I'll start with COD Ghosts.
That'll kill 5 minutes.

I would leave my PS3 behind but GTA V will stop me from doing that. I will probably play GTA V for years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 pm

I'll pass on the PS4 even though the next inFamous game is coming out in Feb. No way am I paying for PS+ monthly to play online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 25
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:40 am

I think I'm still knee deep in games in the current generation. I've got Splinter Cell, Batman, GTA, Evil Within, not to mention all the other games I plan on getting that I didn't have the chance to. Why would I want to get rid of my current gen console when the next gen isn't even backwards compatible? At least Nintendo got that part right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Known_Hero
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Playstation Network Known_Hero
Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-01-12
Location : Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:50 am

Yeah, no way am I selling my ps3. Fuck that. I keep all my systems. Heck, I still have my Nintendo. I lost the power cord though Crying or Very sad 

I have mixed feelings on the next gen. The potential is there for greatness(technology) but will the developers be brave enough to take risk? I don't want to see some the same ole "mindless shooter" mentality that plagued this gen. I want innovation, creativity, unquieness, and most of all....fun games!

To answer the OP's question: PS4 for me. I probably won't get one until mid/late 2014.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 21
Location : On the Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:15 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Yeah, no way am I selling my ps3. Fuck that. I keep all my systems. Heck, I still have my Nintendo. I lost the power cord though Crying or Very sad 

I have mixed feelings on the next gen. The potential is there for greatness(technology) but will the developers be brave enough to take risk? I don't want to see some the same ole "mindless shooter" mentality that plagued this gen. I want innovation, creativity, unquieness, and most of all....fun games!

To answer the OP's question: PS4 for me. I probably won't get one until mid/late 2014.
I know some one that can hook you up with that power cord...and AV...and games...and zappers...and controllers...its my Uncle Troy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network RebelliousQueen
Steam : BlindedByVengeance
Posts : 2952
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 25
Location : Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:54 am

No way, I love my PS3! But I want to play GTA V, and FFXV. ;_;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
No way, I love my PS3! But I want to play GTA V, and FFXV. ;_;
For GTA V, you can still play it on your PS3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
37 Narwhals
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:58 pm

TBH I'm not really too exited about next gen. It'll probably be the same shit we already have just with prettier graphics, and I've been more interested in buying older games lately.

I'm either going to get a PS4 , or upgrade my PC, eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SWITCHMYND
Crimson Head
Crimson Head


Posts : 1095
Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Looks like i'm all alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 25
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:30 am

SWITCHMYND wrote:
Looks like i'm all alone.
The faster you accept that fact the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:52 am

SWITCHMYND wrote:
Looks like i'm all alone.
It' because, some of the things they have on the newer consoles are pushing us away from getting them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm getting the PS4 for Destiny and The Division and BF4. But I'm worried that GTA V is going to take most of my time up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SWITCHMYND
Crimson Head
Crimson Head


Posts : 1095
Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Vandal wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:
Looks like i'm all alone.
The faster you accept that fact the better.
Whats the point is saying that lol, I dont really care i have friends that are around me that will be getting the system, but something that would be cool is if i had a ps4 and someone else had a ps3 we could play together, having bridged servers.


@ Nite maybe ill see you on destiny and division because those are to main games im really exited about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Bridged servers between old and new platforms? I don't think that would work. I assume the coding will be different and other technical bull shit would get in the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SWITCHMYND
Crimson Head
Crimson Head


Posts : 1095
Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:24 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Bridged servers between old and new platforms? I don't think that would work. I assume the coding will be different and other technical bull shit would get in the way.
Oh yeah i agree, im just saying wouldn't that be cool if you could do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Of all days, they release GTA V on a Tuesday...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SWITCHMYND
Crimson Head
Crimson Head


Posts : 1095
Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Of all days, they release GTA V on a Tuesday...
??? Almost every game is released on Tuesday, they do that on perpuse, its new release Tuesday, go back and look at game release dates and even conferences they are on Tuesdays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 21
Location : On the Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Next Gen: Overpriced, Overhyped machinery with maybe 2-6 decent launch titles
Current Gen: Mid-Priced machinery with pros and cons, while having hundreds of released titles, and even soon to be released titles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 25
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Of all days, they release GTA V on a Tuesday...
??? Almost every game is released on Tuesday, they do that on perpuse, its new release Tuesday, go back and look at game release dates and even conferences they are on Tuesdays.
Actually the reason they do that is because Tuesday is the slowest day in sales and tuesday releases help stores meet their quotas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SWITCHMYND
Crimson Head
Crimson Head


Posts : 1095
Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Vandal wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Of all days, they release GTA V on a Tuesday...
??? Almost every game is released on Tuesday, they do that on perpuse, its new release Tuesday, go back and look at game release dates and even conferences they are on Tuesdays.
Actually the reason they do that is because Tuesday is the slowest day in sales and tuesday releases help stores meet their quotas.
I know this, and i wasnt stating the reason why its like this, i was just stating that everything is released on Tuesday so its nothing new that gtav is being released on a Tuesday. But thanks for posting that now everyone else will know as well.

@pwnerx, Explain yourself sir, yes the xbox one is over priced, they both have so much hype because there the next generation of gaming better graphics, games a console really build for the gamer, and only a few good games coming out? You must not have a big variety of games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 21
Location : On the Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
Vandal wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Of all days, they release GTA V on a Tuesday...
??? Almost every game is released on Tuesday, they do that on perpuse, its new release Tuesday, go back and look at game release dates and even conferences they are on Tuesdays.
Actually the reason they do that is because Tuesday is the slowest day in sales and tuesday releases help stores meet their quotas.
I know this, and i wasnt stating the reason why its like this, i was just stating that everything is released on Tuesday so its nothing new that gtav is being released on a Tuesday. But thanks for posting that now everyone else will know as well.

@pwnerx, Explain yourself sir, yes the xbox one is over priced, they both have so much hype because there the next generation of gaming better graphics, games a console really build for the gamer, and only a few good games coming out? You must not have a big variety of games.
By "Good Games", I mean games that have few flaws. Some launch titles aren't exactly first choice. Here's looking at you, Kabuki Warriors. (Xbox launch title). And I enjoy Platformers, Action, Shooters, and Survival Horror. (And fighting, adventure, party (Depending on game), RPG...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
SWITCHMYND
Crimson Head
Crimson Head


Posts : 1095
Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:07 pm

i have a lot big next gen wish list then just a few games, and i don't believe them to be flawed.And nice selection of game categorys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12894
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:36 am

Did anyone hear about the possible PS4 & Vita bundle? I'm thinking that's my thing once the price drops and they actually release an interesting game on PS4.

I've said this before and I say it again: I will never again sell away an old console. That will only lead to regrets.


Nobudy wrote:
I'll pass on the PS4 even though the next inFamous game is coming out in Feb. No way am I paying for PS+ monthly to play online.
You don't have to pay monthly for PS+. You can get it for a full year, which does save you a bunch of money compared to the monthly fee.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/ Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   

Back to top Go down
 
Next gen vs. current gen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Current Reads
» removing-current-time-date-from-phpbb-3
» Describe Your Current Emotion With a Gif ~
» Current Madeleine petitions - update
» US 13.4 TRILLION DEBT

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: User Posted News-
Jump to: