HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Today at 12:06 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Bulls-3ye

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye
 
White Rock
 
Ghost Leader
 
PWNERX
 

Share | 
 

 HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 am

So, again, I was just going through old articles'n'stuff about cancelled RE titles and found another interesting tidbit. At one point of Resident Evil 3's production the team was working on a game that would've starred everyone's favorite masked mercenary, HUNK, who was on a mission to retrieve a G-virus sample from a luxury liner. Meanwhile, Kazuhiro Aoyama was working on a project titled "Biohazard: Gaiden", not to be confused with the GBC title Resident Evil Gaiden which was developed by a completely different team two years later. This game was eventually named Last Escape, better known as Nemesis outside of Japan, and turned into Resident Evil 3 while the original concept was scrapped.

"Gaiden" was originally supposed to star a completely new character escaping Raccoon City and the town was never blown up. It was also supposed to include a mode where you could have played as the zombified Brad Vickers. Furthermore the Gaiden-turned-Last-Escape was to have Jill cross paths with Leon, Ada and William but this was cut due to plot inconsistencies.


I do doubt the fact that the eventual Gaiden for GBC was set on a luxury cruiser is a coincidence.


Here are some cold hard sources for anyone who cares to read more:
[source1]
[source2]
[source3]

I would suggest to read at least the first source (it's an interview) if you are interested in the development of RE3.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]



Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Tue May 28, 2013 8:59 pm

I could still see them doing this. Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7. I have a feeling that if the mansion incident never happened, All four would've met each other in the same year. Chris, Jill, and Wesker were already in the RPD. So, grad Leon would meet all three while Claire would probably visit Chris while in Raccoon City. Imagine an RE game with all four.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Wed May 29, 2013 3:41 am

Nobudy wrote:
I could still see them doing this. Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7. I have a feeling that if the mansion incident never happened, All four would've met each other in the same year. Chris, Jill, and Wesker were already in the RPD. So, grad Leon would meet all three while Claire would probably visit Chris while in Raccoon City. Imagine an RE game with all four.
I already had a game with Leon, Chris, Wesker's son and Sherry in one. I honestly don't really care if we ever get a game with the four original main heroes in one. If anything, I'm still hoping we see none of them in the next installment. Cameos, mentions, files and minigames are fine. At least drop them into a supporting role for a while or something.

Out of these concepts I'd much prefer to see the one with HUNK. Not on a cruise ship, though. One more game with that setting would be pushing it.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Wed May 29, 2013 6:16 am

Nobudy wrote:
Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7.
How do you know she hasn't already met them?

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Wed May 29, 2013 7:20 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7.
How do you know she hasn't already met them?
If it hasn't been confirmed by Capcom, or if we haven't seen it in a game, then I assume it didn't happen.


@Mass Yea in REmake. As for the original, I'm not sure. I've never gotten Barry killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Seppuku Sushi
Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 22
Location : (Insert clever location here)

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Fri May 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Holy shit I would have loved if HUNK was in RE3, considering he is my favorite RE character. I kinda hope he doesn't be a main character in anything though because I like the fact that he is very mysterious which is something that is really appealing about him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seppuku_Sushi
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7.
How do you know she hasn't already met them?
If it hasn't been confirmed by Capcom, or if we haven't seen it in a game, then I assume it didn't happen.
Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire have been fighting on the same side in the same war for the last 10+ years. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that they've all met at some point, especially Jill and Claire.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Fri May 31, 2013 11:24 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7.
How do you know she hasn't already met them?
If it hasn't been confirmed by Capcom, or if we haven't seen it in a game, then I assume it didn't happen.
Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire have been fighting on the same side in the same war for the last 10+ years. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that they've all met at some point, especially Jill and Claire.
I do agree with you. It would make sense if they did. And if they did, then it would make sense for Jill and Claire to meet during Viral Campaign (Takes place after 5). What irks me more is how Leon and Wesker probably never met each other. They were both aware of each other, but we've never seen them meet face to face. Though the best time for that would probably be after Operation Javier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7.
How do you know she hasn't already met them?
If it hasn't been confirmed by Capcom, or if we haven't seen it in a game, then I assume it didn't happen.
Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire have been fighting on the same side in the same war for the last 10+ years. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that they've all met at some point, especially Jill and Claire.
I do agree with you. It would make sense if they did. And if they did, then it would make sense for Jill and Claire to meet during Viral Campaign (Takes place after 5). What irks me more is how Leon and Wesker probably never met each other. They were both aware of each other, but we've never seen them meet face to face. Though the best time for that would probably be after Operation Javier.
It's very probable that US intelligence knew about Wesker, either from their own sleuthing or from reports made by the remaining STARS members that filtered up to the White House.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:39 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7.
How do you know she hasn't already met them?
If it hasn't been confirmed by Capcom, or if we haven't seen it in a game, then I assume it didn't happen.
Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire have been fighting on the same side in the same war for the last 10+ years. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that they've all met at some point, especially Jill and Claire.
I do agree with you. It would make sense if they did. And if they did, then it would make sense for Jill and Claire to meet during Viral Campaign (Takes place after 5). What irks me more is how Leon and Wesker probably never met each other. They were both aware of each other, but we've never seen them meet face to face. Though the best time for that would probably be after Operation Javier.
It's very probable that US intelligence knew about Wesker, either from their own sleuthing or from reports made by the remaining STARS members that filtered up to the White House.
Good point. I'd go with US Intelligence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:25 am

Sargent D wrote:
Holy shit I would have loved if HUNK was in RE3, considering he is my favorite RE character. I kinda hope he doesn't be a main character in anything though because I like the fact that he is very mysterious which is something that is really appealing about him.
Then again, if he would have had a game of his own to begin with he wouldn't be all that mysterious now.

Speaking of, I just realized how the 4th Survivor from RE2 actually alluded to this game that never was since at the end of that it says "End of one nightmare, the beginning of another". I always kinda wondered what that exactly meant.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Vandal
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 26
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Kind of like how they made Re6 and you ende up with more questions than answers about Ada? She had an entire full length campaign, and you couldn't do anything different?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Vandal wrote:
Kind of like how they made Re6 and you ende up with more questions than answers about Ada? She had an entire full length campaign, and you couldn't do anything different?
The fact that she didn't get an epilogue was pretty annoying too. Who was the person who contacted her at the end? Will he/she play a part in RE7?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Seppuku Sushi
Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 22
Location : (Insert clever location here)

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Speaking of, I just realized how the 4th Survivor from RE2 actually alluded to this game that never was since at the end of that it says "End of one nightmare, the beginning of another". I always kinda wondered what that exactly meant.

Yeah now that you mention it, it all makes a lot more sense now. And maybe Tofu would have been HUNK's partner in the game as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seppuku_Sushi
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:16 am

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Speaking of, I just realized how the 4th Survivor from RE2 actually alluded to this game that never was since at the end of that it says "End of one nightmare, the beginning of another". I always kinda wondered what that exactly meant.

Yeah now that you mention it, it all makes a lot more sense now. And maybe Tofu would have been HUNK's partner in the game as well. Wink
Oh, that would have been glorious. With a piece missing from him, of course.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Seppuku Sushi
Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 22
Location : (Insert clever location here)

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh, that would have been glorious. With a piece missing from him, of course.

Two foods that appeal to zombies the most: Human flesh and Tofu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seppuku_Sushi
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 am

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh, that would have been glorious. With a piece missing from him, of course.

Two foods that appeal to zombies the most: Human flesh and Tofu.
Only the ones that don't like meat eat tofy, obviously.

Btw. have you ever wondered about the red piece of tofu in the title card of his campaign?

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Seppuku Sushi
Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 22
Location : (Insert clever location here)

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw. have you ever wondered about the red piece of tofu in the title card of his campaign?

Oh yeah I know right, I guess it was internally bleeding or something along those lines then just died before they could get any screen time.

And yes, apparently Tofu has veins and blood now. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seppuku_Sushi
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:22 am

Furthermore, didn't HUNK show up in the original RER trailer? On a cruise ship? That was a weird coincidence.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Shrike
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-04-01
Location : Silent Hill

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Furthermore, didn't HUNK show up in the original RER trailer? On a cruise ship? That was a weird coincidence.

It ended up being Veltro guy, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2133
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 21
Location : On the Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 am

Or capcom got lazy and put in HUNK's model instead of a regular Veltro soldier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Seppuku Sushi
Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 22
Location : (Insert clever location here)

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 am

PWNERX wrote:
Or capcom got lazy and put in HUNK's model instead of a regular Veltro soldier.
I am going with that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seppuku_Sushi
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4468
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Sargent D wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Or capcom got lazy and put in HUNK's model instead of a regular Veltro soldier.
I am going with that one.
Or maybe the Veltro soldier's model wasn't complete at the time and Hunk was just used as a placeholder?

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaviorStygian
Licker
Licker
avatar

Playstation Network RaviorStygian
Posts : 1568
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 22
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Well, there was also the thing with Jill and Chris having some tension, but that was cut out. They probably weren't sure about the story yet at the time of the trailer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12901
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:47 pm

The only known piece of concept art from this game has made it to the internet!

The creature is simply named "Plant Thing". There's also an English sentence in the picture that says "Mother of `kids´". Wonder what that meant?

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   

Back to top Go down
 
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 8 MỌI THỨ VỀ GAME POKEMON
» 13 Haunting Facts About Edgar Allan Poe’s Death
» iOS Game: Star Wars Force Collection
» Shogi Flash game
» Roleplay Game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: