HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Comics
Today at 8:21 am by Bulls-3ye

» The day the zombies cried
Today at 8:02 am by Bulls-3ye

» RoboCop
Yesterday at 7:44 pm by Ghost Leader

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 am by Mass Distraction

» What horror game are you most looking forward to?
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 am by Mass Distraction

» The Flakka Virus Is This True? "Zombie Apocalypse Level 1"
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:36 am by Mass Distraction

» A friend of mine was shot a couple days ago
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:30 am by Mass Distraction

» Chris Redfield returns in Not A Hero!
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:28 am by Mass Distraction

» Movie Reboot Megathread!
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 am by Mass Distraction

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Mass Distraction
 
Ghost Leader
 
Bulls-3ye
 
TerraSavior
 
DeathShadows
 
RebelliousQueen
 

Share | 
 

 A little project I'm working on for fun.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Hey guys Smile

So, since I've finished studying I have a lot of spare time on my hands. I decided to fire up an old game-making program I used to play around on as a kid, RPG Maker 2000, and one of my projects ended up turning into a Resident Evil game.
So for now, I'm making this game for fun in my spare time and I thought I'd just share some screens of what I'm working on Smile

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

This is all still a work in progress, but I'm determined to finish it. (I have a story laid out.) I should say, all the graphics belong to other people (I'm not much of an artist) but since I'm really just making this for something to do I don't think it matters too much. I don't plan on profiting or anything. I do actually have a functional demo, but I haven't hosted it anywhere. If enough people want to try it out I can get it uploaded somewhere and share the link. For now, I just didn't want all my time wasted by me being the only one to see what I'm doing, so I thought I'd just share with you guys what I've done Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
will1234562
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-10-27
Age : 21
Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 am

Looks nice.What's the story?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/will1234562?feature=mhee
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12892
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:03 am

Sweet. Once it's finished I might LP it. Or, I could LP the demo, I play a lot of demos on my channel.


will1234562 wrote:
Looks nice.What's the story?
I'd also like to know.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network RebelliousQueen
Steam : BlindedByVengeance
Posts : 2952
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 25
Location : Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 am

That's tight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
TyrantSteve
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Tue May 14, 2013 1:49 pm

GTMippey wrote:
Hey guys Smile

So, since I've finished studying I have a lot of spare time on my hands. I decided to fire up an old game-making program I used to play around on as a kid, RPG Maker 2000, and one of my projects ended up turning into a Resident Evil game.
So for now, I'm making this game for fun in my spare time and I thought I'd just share some screens of what I'm working on Smile

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

This is all still a work in progress, but I'm determined to finish it. (I have a story laid out.) I should say, all the graphics belong to other people (I'm not much of an artist) but since I'm really just making this for something to do I don't think it matters too much. I don't plan on profiting or anything. I do actually have a functional demo, but I haven't hosted it anywhere. If enough people want to try it out I can get it uploaded somewhere and share the link. For now, I just didn't want all my time wasted by me being the only one to see what I'm doing, so I thought I'd just share with you guys what I've done Smile

Damn! I gotta admit, those screenshots look pretty damned impressive. I'm really intruigued now. I, for one, would love to try the demo. We don't have enough RE fan projects out there. Seriously. Why not release footage of it on YouTube? That would certainly go down a storm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AWDCP
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden
Posts : 354
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 21
Location : Kansas City, Kansas

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Tue May 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Good job Tyrant! Looks very cool.

If you make it for Mac, I could test it out for you if you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
avatar

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Seppuku Sushi
Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 21
Location : (Insert clever location here)

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Tue May 14, 2013 2:07 pm

That looks really cool! The concept of a RE RPG really interests me. When a playable form of it emerges I will be sure to play it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seppuku_Sushi
Methsia
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
avatar

Steam : Methsia
Posts : 2350
Join date : 2010-09-04
Age : 21
Location : UP IN THIS

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Tue May 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Such goodness, I must acquire. <3 Everything about this is gold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/Methsia
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12892
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm

AWDCP wrote:
Good job Tyrant! Looks very cool.

If you make it for Mac, I could test it out for you if you want.
Tyrant? This is being made by GTMippey.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
TyrantSteve
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Tue May 14, 2013 3:25 pm

AWDCP wrote:
Good job Tyrant! Looks very cool.

If you make it for Mac, I could test it out for you if you want.

You do realize that that was just a quote, right? Not my creation. It's GTMippey's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Tue May 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Appreciate all the positive feedback so far Smile Apologies for the inactivity, life and all that.
Although I've slowed down, I'm still coming back to this every now and then Smile

A little bit more on this;

I'm trying to capture the spirit of the older-era RE games (Namely 1-3) through the environment, atmosphere, locations, enemies etc. With the story, I'm writing it in a way that it could seem canon to the RE Universe, using correct dates that correspond with certain events etc.

As I said, I appreciate the positive feedback so I will upload a small demo to somewhere in a couple of weeks and post the link, it's nothing too special, should only take about 5-10 minutes to complete. Smile



Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThomVD
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
avatar

Playstation Network ThomVD
Posts : 2316
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 am

RPG + RE?? Hell yes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Wed May 15, 2013 6:40 pm

GTMippey wrote:
Appreciate all the positive feedback so far Smile Apologies for the inactivity, life and all that.
Although I've slowed down, I'm still coming back to this every now and then Smile

A little bit more on this;

I'm trying to capture the spirit of the older-era RE games (Namely 1-3) through the environment, atmosphere, locations, enemies etc. With the story, I'm writing it in a way that it could seem canon to the RE Universe, using correct dates that correspond with certain events etc.

As I said, I appreciate the positive feedback so I will upload a small demo to somewhere in a couple of weeks and post the link, it's nothing too special, should only take about 5-10 minutes to complete. Smile


[left]Demo sounds nice man, good to hear its coming along smoothly.
I could do some graphical work for your project if you wish ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Mcghie wrote:
GTMippey wrote:
Appreciate all the positive feedback so far Smile Apologies for the inactivity, life and all that.
Although I've slowed down, I'm still coming back to this every now and then Smile

A little bit more on this;

I'm trying to capture the spirit of the older-era RE games (Namely 1-3) through the environment, atmosphere, locations, enemies etc. With the story, I'm writing it in a way that it could seem canon to the RE Universe, using correct dates that correspond with certain events etc.

As I said, I appreciate the positive feedback so I will upload a small demo to somewhere in a couple of weeks and post the link, it's nothing too special, should only take about 5-10 minutes to complete. Smile


[left]Demo sounds nice man, good to hear its coming along smoothly.
I could do some graphical work for your project if you wish ?


Thanks for the offer Smile, although I probably won't need to do any graphical work at all, I'm just using artwork from RE2-3 for the enemy sprites and existing RM2k sprites for the characters. Not very original, but as I said, I'm just kind of doing this for fun Smile
Appreciate the offer though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

GTMippey wrote:

Thanks for the offer Smile, although I probably won't need to do any graphical work at all, I'm just using artwork from RE2-3 for the enemy sprites and existing RM2k sprites for the characters. Not very original, but as I said, I'm just kind of doing this for fun Smile
Appreciate the offer though!

Ahh I see.
It might just be using the presets that RM2K give's you but it's the creation that counts.
You're compiling a great game for all to play.
I might give RM2K a go, I want to see what it's capable of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Sat May 18, 2013 2:01 am

Just a small update to let you guys know, the project is still running smoothly Smile

I've decided to expand the demo area to show off a little bit more. I'll have to wait until the 1st to upload anything, as...I've kind of capped my internet for the month Crying or Very sad , so I'll use the time to put a little more in for you guys to see. Originally, I was only going to have the opening area (apartment building) in the demo, but now I'm expanding beyond that. So there will be a longer demo in return for the wait Wink

Of course, if it's ok with the forum mods, I'll post a more official thread when the time comes with info, screens, maybe trailers if my video editing skills are up to the task Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantSteve
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Sat May 18, 2013 7:41 am

GTMippey wrote:
Just a small update to let you guys know, the project is still running smoothly Smile

I've decided to expand the demo area to show off a little bit more. I'll have to wait until the 1st to upload anything, as...I've kind of capped my internet for the month Crying or Very sad , so I'll use the time to put a little more in for you guys to see. Originally, I was only going to have the opening area (apartment building) in the demo, but now I'm expanding beyond that. So there will be a longer demo in return for the wait Wink

Of course, if it's ok with the forum mods, I'll post a more official thread when the time comes with info, screens, maybe trailers if my video editing skills are up to the task Smile

Great. Can I just ask what the sound effects and music will be like? Are they gonna be taken from an old-school RE title, or are they gonna be RE: Gaiden style? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Sat May 18, 2013 8:26 am

The music and sound effects are mostly from RE 1-3 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12892
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Sat May 18, 2013 12:53 pm

GTMippey wrote:
Of course, if it's ok with the forum mods, I'll post a more official thread when the time comes with info, screens, maybe trailers if my video editing skills are up to the task Smile

I have no objections. I'll even play it on video if you don't mind.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Fri May 24, 2013 4:38 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
GTMippey wrote:
Of course, if it's ok with the forum mods, I'll post a more official thread when the time comes with info, screens, maybe trailers if my video editing skills are up to the task Smile

I have no objections. I'll even play it on video if you don't mind.

Awesome! Smile And yeah, that's absolutely fine by me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantSteve
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2013-05-13
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:57 pm

How's the game coming along?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Industrial Ridden
Cerberus
Cerberus
avatar

Playstation Network Jagerdu
Posts : 396
Join date : 2013-01-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Is RPG Maker free? I wanna give it a go to see if I can also make a game similar to this one. Your game is looking nice so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12892
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:01 am

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Is RPG Maker free? I wanna give it a go to see if I can also make a game similar to this one. Your game is looking nice so far!
Google? I guess the older versions might be.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on for fun.   

Back to top Go down
 
A little project I'm working on for fun.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» CEF MM Citations for the Great War Project
» Project Runway
» James Connolly: A Working Class Hero
» Canadian Great War Project
» SCM Music Player Not Working

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Important Announcements :: Mod Releases/Mod Questions-
Jump to: