HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:00 pm by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 am by RebelliousQueen

» How do I sign out?
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:59 am by RebelliousQueen

» At last: "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" will be released this December!
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:15 am by White Rock

» What makes Resident Evil for you?
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:18 am by White Rock

» Chris Redfield returns in Not A Hero!
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:13 am by White Rock

» Any Mad Max fans?
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:31 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil Musical - A Short Review
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 pm by Mass Distraction

» The Nurse
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:33 am by White Rock

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
White Rock
 
TerraSavior
 
RebelliousQueen
 
Ghost Leader
 
TyrantSteve
 

Share | 
 

 Story Behind Your Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Fri May 27, 2011 6:14 pm

That's exactly how I see Leon. An idol. Razz

Anyway, I hate camping. I grew up playing FPSs on the PC back in the day and camping was as taboo as incest. People just didn't do it. The reason? It is easy to camp and it gives the camper an advantage over other players, especially new ones. You can argue all day if that advantage is a fair one or not. I don't care. The reason I hate it is because it makes the game BORING. If I'm playing a FPS, I want to be shooting. Campers will just wait there all day. How is that fun? And I'm not going to try to go into their little killbox to try and nab them. If grenades are on or if I have explosives to work with, it's fine. But a camper runs on this assumption: There is usually only one way to them, and they are already aimed at the exact spot. So what happens? You run up, prepare yourself, and then get into that killbox and try to aim at them as best you can and hope to god you kill them, and you have to do it extremely quickly. Basically shooting from the hip. AND on top of that, they are almost always only showing the least little sliver of themselves so it's that much harder. Camping is stupid. I like to take an active part in my games. That is something campers do not do. FPSs used to be a gentleman's game. Now it has been cheapened by those who are too afraid to take an active part in the game because it may hurt their kill/death ratio. Shameful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4458
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Sat May 28, 2011 12:04 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Anyway, I hate camping. I grew up playing FPSs on the PC back in the day and camping was as taboo as incest. People just didn't do it. The reason? It is easy to camp and it gives the camper an advantage over other players, especially new ones. You can argue all day if that advantage is a fair one or not. I don't care. The reason I hate it is because it makes the game BORING. If I'm playing a FPS, I want to be shooting. Campers will just wait there all day. How is that fun? And I'm not going to try to go into their little killbox to try and nab them. If grenades are on or if I have explosives to work with, it's fine. But a camper runs on this assumption: There is usually only one way to them, and they are already aimed at the exact spot. So what happens? You run up, prepare yourself, and then get into that killbox and try to aim at them as best you can and hope to god you kill them, and you have to do it extremely quickly. Basically shooting from the hip. AND on top of that, they are almost always only showing the least little sliver of themselves so it's that much harder. Camping is stupid. I like to take an active part in my games. That is something campers do not do. FPSs used to be a gentleman's game. Now it has been cheapened by those who are too afraid to take an active part in the game because it may hurt their kill/death ratio. Shameful.
What exactly am I supposed to do when using a bolt-action sniper rifle, then? Dynamic entries and CQB? Rolling Eyes

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 pm

I understand when snipers do it. Because when snipers do it, it's fair. They have to have skill and they focus more on what is going on around them, rather than sitting there with a machine gun waiting for someone to try to take them out. Plus they don't always get that first hit which allows the other player time to get a hit in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4458
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Sun May 29, 2011 2:11 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I understand when snipers do it. Because when snipers do it, it's fair. They have to have skill and they focus more on what is going on around them, rather than sitting there with a machine gun waiting for someone to try to take them out. Plus they don't always get that first hit which allows the other player time to get a hit in.
It's also quite accurate to reality for those using support weapons to take a stationary firing position.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Sun May 29, 2011 1:32 pm

This is why I prefer to play more open games like Battlefield and Unreal Tournament. If someone camps, there are a billion ways to work around that. You can also just ignore them entirely because camping in those games equals just doing nothing. In CoD and MoH type FPS games, most of the time the only way to work around a camper is to just get a lucky hit in. No matter how skilled you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StellaLuna
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Mon May 30, 2011 5:15 am

I've always liked the name "Stella" and the name "Luna", but I've never thougth of combining them together till I saw a shoestore with the same name. The shit there was expensive though, and I'd get shoes of the same quality from a department store so I've never bought anything. Laughing I'd always just use "Stellar[insert number variation]" for my usernames, but now I use StellaLuna.

Apparently, there's a character in Charlotte's Webb that has the name StellaLuna. Someone from an MMO told me. It's a spider... I think. I like spiders. So more reason to keep the name.

Terranova is also a nice name, which is from my favorite clothing store. K. That was totally random.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ace.redfield
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2011-03-03
Age : 23
Location : Just beside you

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Mon May 30, 2011 1:39 pm

a nickname i'm tired to hear + redfield... that simple.. not good with names
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOBLATHON
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Playstation Network BOBLATHON
Posts : 647
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 34
Location : Main Hall 1F, Spencer Mansion

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Tue May 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Okie dokie... I will try and explain mine. Its a dumbass mistake on my part that I made when I was fifteen years old. We were in summer school talking about bands. I was drunk... He said "Liberation By Blood" I heard "Liberation Boblathon".. I have used it as an alias for everything I do since... It's always my username, gamertag, etc... It's meant to sound like one word.. BOBLA THON would be the best way to say it, although I have used it as a pseudonym "Bob Lathon" said like "BOB LAYTHON" from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
when I was fifteen years old. I was drunk...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StellaLuna
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm

I drink too. But never to the point of drunkenness. And never when my parents are around. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:23 pm

To me, there is no point in drinking alcohol unless you get drunk. Getting drunk is the only reward for tasting that nasty crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOBLATHON
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Playstation Network BOBLATHON
Posts : 647
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 34
Location : Main Hall 1F, Spencer Mansion

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Yeah yeah yeah... I was a bit of a teenage hellion. Hey it was summer school... A buddy used to raid his dads stash and mix up vodka in different 20oz drinks and we would pass em around during class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ace.redfield
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2011-03-03
Age : 23
Location : Just beside you

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:16 am

the more i get drunk the more i hate getting drunk drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StellaLuna
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

Quote :
To me, there is no point in drinking alcohol unless you get drunk. Getting drunk is the only reward for tasting that nasty crap.
Well... The times when I get ahold of alcohol, I can't really afford to get drunk. Its always either I'm in a club with a random date my friend set up with people I barely know cus all my friends chickened out at the last second (Thanks alot Rolling Eyes) Or my parents are picking me up after the party and I'll be damned if I get in the car smashed. I'll be grounded for life.

Ah... Summer school. I just finished mine. I think it's easier to list the summers where I didn't have to attend it. Laughing (Well, okay. Not really. I had good grades in grade school... Wish I could say the same for High School. Hah.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ace.redfield
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
avatar

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2011-03-03
Age : 23
Location : Just beside you

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 am

StellaLuna wrote:
Quote :
To me, there is no point in drinking alcohol unless you get drunk. Getting drunk is the only reward for tasting that nasty crap.
Well... The times when I get ahold of alcohol, I can't really afford to get drunk. Its always either I'm in a club with a random date my friend set up with people I barely know cus all my friends chickened out at the last second (Thanks alot Rolling Eyes) Or my parents are picking me up after the party and I'll be damned if I get in the car smashed. I'll be grounded for life.

Ah... Summer school. I just finished mine. I think it's easier to list the summers where I didn't have to attend it. Laughing (Well, okay. Not really. I had good grades in grade school... Wish I could say the same for High School. Hah.)
yawn!! now that's a boring life lol! good thing i'm legal... i have a good freedom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weskersbarber
UBCS
UBCS
avatar

Posts : 2495
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 25
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Getting drunk where I live is something you start to do when you hit 14 lol. Its a way of life here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
avatar

Playstation Network NiteKrawler
Posts : 7505
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Ha. Barber would drink us all under the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deagle50
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 21
Location : TN

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:00 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Getting drunk where I live is something you start to do when you hit 14 lol. Its a way of life here.
I drunk my first shot of vodka around 12.But vodka is probably the equivalent Zima in Ireland.I hear some of the stuff over ther can fuck you up really bad.Any German people here? drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weskersbarber
UBCS
UBCS
avatar

Posts : 2495
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 25
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Speaking of drinking did anyone see President Obama and the first lady having a pint of Guiness in Ireland last week?



That is how its done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deagle50
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 21
Location : TN

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:41 pm

That pic makes me proud to live in America.Even though I'm Canadian.Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOBLATHON
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Playstation Network BOBLATHON
Posts : 647
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 34
Location : Main Hall 1F, Spencer Mansion

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Deagle50 wrote:
That pic makes me proud to live in America.Even though I'm Canadian.Haha

That "man" is the first Democrat to be president in my voting lifetime... This is also the worst shape I have ever seen this country in, in my voting lifetime. I see him as an embarrassment to America.

God, don't get me started on politics.

What a bumbling idiot... OOOHHHH, A Guiness in Ireland. How clever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deagle50
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 21
Location : TN

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:22 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
That pic makes me proud to live in America.Even though I'm Canadian.Haha

That "man" is the first Democrat to be president in my voting lifetime... This is also the worst shape I have ever seen this country in, in my voting lifetime. I see him as an embarrassment to America.

God, don't get me started on politics.

What a bumbling idiot... OOOHHHH, A Guiness in Ireland. How clever.
Sounds like you need a Guiness,or elephant tranquilizer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOBLATHON
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Playstation Network BOBLATHON
Posts : 647
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 34
Location : Main Hall 1F, Spencer Mansion

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Deagle50 wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
That pic makes me proud to live in America.Even though I'm Canadian.Haha

That "man" is the first Democrat to be president in my voting lifetime... This is also the worst shape I have ever seen this country in, in my voting lifetime. I see him as an embarrassment to America.

God, don't get me started on politics.

What a bumbling idiot... OOOHHHH, A Guiness in Ireland. How clever.
Sounds like you need a Guiness,or elephant tranquilizer.

What I need is for that fucktard not to be President anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weskersbarber
UBCS
UBCS
avatar

Posts : 2495
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 25
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:59 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
That pic makes me proud to live in America.Even though I'm Canadian.Haha

That "man" is the first Democrat to be president in my voting lifetime... This is also the worst shape I have ever seen this country in, in my voting lifetime. I see him as an embarrassment to America.

God, don't get me started on politics.

What a bumbling idiot... OOOHHHH, A Guiness in Ireland. How clever.

As Obama said, we keep the best stuff for ourselves. The Guiness you drink around the world is plastic. Ireland is where the real stuff is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   

Back to top Go down
 
Story Behind Your Name
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Another sniffer dog story
» Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story
» ...and you think Royal Mail are slow? (this is a lovely story!)
» BRITAIN"S TRILLION POUNDS HORROR STORY
» American Horror Story

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: User Posted News-
Jump to: