Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Today at 12:06 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Bulls-3ye

» Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 am by White Rock

» BAD NEWS
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am by White Rock

» Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am by White Rock

» Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 am by White Rock

» Biohaze has moderators that aren't the full shilling...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 2: Survivors (Out Now)
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm by DeathShadows

» What has happen??
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am by Bulls-3ye

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Bulls-3ye

White Rock

Ghost Leader

PWNERX

Share | 

Resident Evil chronology/timeline.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Questions and comments if you have any. Also, if something is wrong/missing here, point it out. Only games/media with an actual story mentioned.

EDIT: Added year and date where the game takes place.
2nd EDIT: Added a "Further notes" section for related media.

Main timeline:

July 23, 1998.............................................Resident Evil 0
July 24, 1998.............................................Resident Evil 1/Remake (& Deadly Silence)
September 28, 1998..................................Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (up till Jill gets infected)
September 29-30, 1998............................Resident Evil 2
October 1st-2nd, 1998..............................Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (after Jill recovers)
November, 1998........................................Resident Evil Survivor
December 27-28, 1998..............................Resident Evil Code: Veronica (& Survivor 2: CV)
Summer of 2002........................................Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles ("Operation Javier")
September, 2002.......................................Resident Evil Dead Aim
February, 2003..........................................Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles ("Umbrella's End")
Autumn 2004.............................................Resident Evil 4
2005...........................................................Resident Evil: Revelations
November, 2005........................................Resident Evil Degeneration
August, 2006..............................................Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition ("Lost in Nightmares" chapter)
March, 2009...............................................Resident Evil 5
2009...........................................................Resident Evil 5 Viral Campaign
2011...........................................................Resident Evil Damnation
2011...........................................................Resident Evil: Revelations 2
December 24th, 2012-July 1st, 2013........Resident Evil 6
October 10, 2014.......................................Resident Evil 7: Banned Footage Vol.2 (Daughters)
2015...........................................................Umbrella Corps
20XX...........................................................Resident Evil: Vendetta
June 1st-3rd, 2017...................................."Get This Out There", KITCHEN & Banned Footage Vol.1-2 (Bedroom, Nightmare & 21)
Some time between June and July, 2017..Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour
July 19-20th, 2017.....................................Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
August, 2017..............................................Resident Evil 7: End of Zoe

Retellings and possibly canon spinoffs:

• Resident Evil: Outbreak files 1 and 2 fall in the same time as the 2nd and 3rd game
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is a retelling of events taking place 1998-2003
  • Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles is a retelling of events taking place 1998-2002
  • Resident Evil 4D-Executer takes place somewhere between 2 and 3
  • Resident Evil: Confidential Report supposedly takes place in Raccoon City in September 1998
  • Resident Evil: Clan Master takes place from October 9, 2012 to June 30, 2015
  • Umbrella Corps' The Experiment campaign takes place March 12, 2012 to January 2, 2013
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is a "what-if" scenario set during the Raccoon Incident but presents some canon elements to the story
  • Resident Evil Genesis & Uprising retell the story of RE1 & 2, respectively, in mobile format

Non-canon spinoffs:

• Biohazard i-Survivor is a non-canon mobile game featuring new STARS members
  • Resident Evil: Gaiden is not considered canon (sadly, but for obvious reasons). It was meant to co-incide with the events of Code: Veronica.
  • Biohazard: Outbreak Survive is a mobile game based on the Outbreak series.
  • Biohazard: Team Survive is a card based game with an all-star cast of characters. Non-canon due to incorporating several deceased characters. Takes place some time during the 21st century.

Literature:

• Resident Evil (Marvel Comics) is a prequel comic book published as a pre-order bonus for the original Resident Evil game.
  • Biohazard: The Beginning (novella) tells a story that serves as a prelude to the events of the original game.
  • Zero Hour, Umbrella Conspiracy, City of the Dead, Nemesis and Code: Veronica by S.D. Perry are retellings of RE0, 1, 2, 3 and CV, respectively.
  • An original novel Caliban Cove by S. D. Perry takes place after the first game.
  • An original novel Underworld by S. D. Perry takes place after Resident Evil 2.
  • An original novel Rose Blank by Tadashi Aizawa is set after the Raccoon City outbreak and follows the story of Emily Ran who is trying to create a cure for the t-virus.
  • An original novel To the Liberty by Suiren Kimura takes place some time after the Raccoon Incident. It features an Umbrella owned ship called The Liberty.
  • An original novel Beast of the Northern Seas by Kyū Asakura focuses on Gadiwell-island used for B.O.W. research and takes place before the Mansion Incident.
  • A manga named Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles takes place just before the invasion of the Russian Umbrella facility.
  • Comic book simply titled Resident Evil by Ricardo Sanchez is set some time before Resident Evil 5 and features new BSAA members.
  • A comic titled Resident Evil: Fire & Ice depicted the ordeal of Charlie Team, a third STARS team.
  • The Official Resident Evil Comics told a series of events and sidestories set within the said universe.
  • A manga called Resident Evil: Marhawa Desire focuses on BSAA investigating a series of biohazard incidents occurring at Marhawa School in Singapore. Takes place early 2012.
  • A manga called Resident Evil: Heavenly Island is an official tie-in to Revelations 2 and Umbrella Corps. Takes place in 2014.
  • Resident Evil Archives Vol.1 and Vol.2 are two compendiums detailing the events and backstory of the series from the 1960s to 2009.

Other:

• Wesker's Report, Wesker's Report II and Wesker's Extra Report provide some backstory for the series from Albert Wesker's viewpoint.
  • Jessica's Report is a DVD meant to provide some backstory to the events of Resident Evil Revelations.
  • Darkside Report is a booklet that provides some tidbits of info on the story of Darkside Chronicles.
  • Angela's Diary is a document included in the Biohazard: Degeneration limited edition box-set, detailing the back-story behind the events of the movie.
  • Las Plagas: Organisms of War, is an in-universe documentary about the parasites.
  • Experience Kijuju, a collection of blogs by the character "Adam" spanning events from January 4th to March 6th, 2009.
  • Inserted Evil (an alternate reality game) is a non-canon tie-in with Operation Raccoon City.
  • No Hope Left was a series of blogs about weird occurrences leading up to the events of Resident Evil 6, spanning from January 17th to November 12th, 2012.
  • Diary of a Madman was an article in Cube magazine presented in a diary-like perspective depicting the story of RE3.5. It's non-canon as it's based on an unreleased game.
  • A radio drama called Chiisana Tōbōsha Sherry ("Sherry, the Little Runaway") continues Sherry's story and is set shortly after the end of Resident Evil 2. Deemed non-canon by later games.
  • A sequential drama called Ikiteita Onna Spy Ada ("Ada, the Female Spy, is Alive") is set a few days after the events of Resident Evil 2. Deemed non-canon by later games.
  • A collection of three drama albums called Unmei no Raccoon City ("Fate of Raccoon City") tell individual stories of civilians during the outbreak in Raccoon City, taking place over four nights.
  • BioHazard: Makoba Village Tragedy is a sound drama depicting the events at Makoba village located near Arklay Mountains during the original outbreak.
  • Bioroid: Year Zero was a comedic musical acted from the zombies' point of view, set 9 years after a viral outbreak in a secret research center called "BioCity", which is still in quarantine.
  • Biohazard the Stage is a stage play that takes place August 12th, 2010 and features BSAA advisor Rebecca Chambers.
  • Musical Biohazard: Voice of Gaia takes place in an unspecified year in and around a walled Croatian town in the Adriatic Sea, facing an attack by zombified humans.
  • Resident Evil x L'Arc-en-Ciel: Don't Be Afraid is a non-canon VR experience featuring the band L'Arc-en-Ciel as a S.T.A.R.S. offshoot during the Raccoon City outbreak.

Further notes:

• Raccoon City Secret Report isn't actually a report like the previous ones but a "Making Of" DVD for Operation Raccoon City.
  • The live action film series by Paul W.S. Anderson and all of its related media have no relation to the Resident Evil video game franchise. They are a franchise of their own.

If anyone happens to know anything else on the untranslated novels (The Beast of the Northern Seas, To the Liberty, Rose Blank) or the comic "BioHazard X" and where they are placed in the timeline, I'd be happy to know Very Happy

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am; edited 114 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
RaviorStygian
Licker
Licker

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:53 am

This is pretty awesome. Smile It'll help with my story marathon.

Again thanks for organizing this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Knife
R.P.D. Officer
R.P.D. Officer

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:19 am

Resident Evil 4 takes place in November, for the record. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:00 pm

The Knife wrote:
Resident Evil 4 takes place in November, for the record. Smile
It does? Sweet, thanks. All I remembered was that it was sometime during fall.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
UBCS
UBCS

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Was there not a big tiomeline about on here with everything that happened in RE, such as the founding of Umbrella etc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:19 pm

If there is, I can't seem to find it. This is meant to be more a chronological order for the games and a collection of all the original stories and where they're set rather than an actual timeline.

Besides, this has been here for a long long time as I made it way back after I had joined here. The original post date has apparently changed when I changed the header. For some reason this is the first time someone has actually posted in here.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Seppuku Sushi

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Is the RE5 Viral Campign canon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seppuku_Sushi
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:41 pm

I at least tend to think it is, as it is official promotional material produced by Capcom.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:29 pm

I just love the games Very Happy I made this thread waaaaaaay back, I just keep updating it every once in a while.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
animaniac1
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

September 28, 1998..........................Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (up till Jill gets infected)
September 29, 1998..........................Resident Evil 2
October 1st-2nd, 1998......................Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (after Jill recovers)

No see, I went by this and game play became utterly confusing. I googled Resident Evil timeline a few months back because I wanted to play them in order. So I started with part 3 up until Jill get infected, then 2, then the rest of 3. The dates listed must be a mistake made by the game developers. There is NO WAY that any part of 3 takes place before 2. In part 2 when Claire/Leon enter the Police station, the streets on the outside have not been rioted and the inside of the police station is clean. In part 3 when Jill enters the Police Station it looks like a war zone, it's filthy and doors are boarded up. This really janked up the storyline and I wish I hadn't done it. Again, even though these are the dates the game displays... it has to be a major goof in the game devolpement. Don't play them in that order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:13 pm

animaniac1 wrote:
In part 2 when Claire/Leon enter the Police station, the streets on the outside have not been rioted and the inside of the police station is clean. In part 3 when Jill enters the Police Station it looks like a war zone, it's filthy and doors are boarded up.
For those games I would really advice just playing them in the regular order.

Besides, the RPD thing is just a visual mix up. Something like the place missing all the bathrooms. There's no way anyone could even had time to board everything up etc. like that because Marvin was the only cop alive in there at that point. Everyone else was either dead or out in the city.

If the place really was boarded up it was already so at the point of RE2 but the visuals were just lacking.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Spike991 wrote:
The place was already boarded up quite a bit by RE2.
Still not as much as in RE3. What I meant was that if the games would have been supposed to be in the order of RE2 first then RE3 there would've been no time in between for all that to happen. Meaning it was just a visual mistake.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
Umbrella Security Service

Playstation Network Yuffietine

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 am

Nicely put together mass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/SparklyCookie
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Why thank you Very Happy The original version wasn't that good but I've been trying to improve it with every bit of information I've found.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry

Playstation Network Yuffietine

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Why thank you Very Happy The original version wasn't that good but I've been trying to improve it with every bit of information I've found.

No problem. It's awesome. Smile
Nice work sir! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/SparklyCookie
Methsia
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie

Steam : Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Yes, now I actually know what the books are called.

Even better since this is all in a Resident Evil Forum.
Pure awesome Mass, well done Very Happy again Very Happy

My Resident Evil spirit just increased by 1006 Points.
Wait, the laptop was upside down. I mean 9001 Points. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/Methsia
00biohazard
STARS Member
STARS Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Great timeline man, attention to detail here is awesome. Thanks for this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fernandomoody.tumblr.com/
DeadlyGenetics
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:32 am

This is most awesome. I had a timeline worked out in my head but not like this. Thanks for making this, Mass. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gage757
Angela "Deadeye" Miller
Angela

Playstation Network 2thagage

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 pm

reading this has made me wanna play through all of the resident evils again but its been years for some of them like all the ones for ps1 i havent played through those since they actually first came out but to day i just went out and bought RE 0,1,2,3,4,5but my question now is there any other ones i should buy to understand the story right and exactly wut order should i play through them if you could help me thanks and also great job with the timeline iv been wondering about alot of them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weskersbarber
UBCS
UBCS

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Play them in order from Zero to 5 Smile

However to understand the story right you will need to buy Code Veronica and Revelations as well as they are apart of the main series storyline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:02 am

Just thinking back it's crazy how we now have like 12 games and a bunch of other stuff all taking place back in 1998 during a six month period, while RE6 in itself is about a six month period from 2012 to 2013.

COMMUNITY:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil chronology/timeline.   

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil chronology/timeline.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next